Current employment opportunities at KHQ-TV:
TECHNICAL MEDIA PRODUCER/PART-TIME
KHQ-TV, the Inland Northwest's Local News Leader has an immediate opening for a part-time Technical Media Producer. TMP's as we call them are the true Swiss Army Knives of the KHQ newsroom. TMP's do everything from edit video, operate studio cameras, prepare the studio for broadcast, shoot breaking news, write web and newscast stories, and countless other responsibilities. So you have to be technically savvy, adaptable, and producer-minded. The TMP position is frequently used as a springboard to more advanced positions in the newsroom. Non-linear editing experience is preferred. If you want to be part of our team, send a resume and non-returnable tape to TMPjob@khq.com No phone calls please.
KHQ-TV has an opening for a full time MASTER CONTROL OPERATOR
Job responsibilities include recording and playback of programs & commercial content, operation of automation systems, monitoring of signal quality as well as control of broadcast transmitting equipment to insure FCC compliance. Applicants must have working knowledge of broadcast equipment and procedures. Computer experience is required. Must be available to work flexible hours including holidays, nights, weekends and overnights. Must also be a team player, work well under pressure, be able to multi-task, have attention to detail, a positive attitude and a work ethic based on honesty and integrity.
College degree preferred.
High School Diploma & broadcast experience is required.
Send resumes to:
Master Control and Technology Supervisor
P.O. Box 600
Spokane, WA 99210-0600
No phone calls please
Position open till filled
EEO. Women & minorities encouraged to apply.
KHQ-TV in Spokane, WA is looking for a dynamic News Producer with solid news judgment who can produce, orchestrate, and energize the market's dominant news programming. This newsroom leader should have a flair for production value--incorporating live elements and cutting-edge graphics to tell stories that are relevant and compelling to our viewers. If you're in a box, stay there. We only want creative thinkers. And if you dread breaking news, this isn't the place for you. We thrive on our patented coverage of breaking news. If you have the skills, the passion, and the ability to make quick decisions, multi-task, and work effectively under pressure, we want to hear from you!
KHQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as Spokane's legacy station with deep roots in the community -- and proud of it. If you want to be part of our team, send a resume and non-returnable tape to: email@example.com
EOE. Women & minorities encouraged to apply. No phone calls please. Experience in the broadcast industry is a plus but not required.
REPORTER / MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST
KNDU/KNDO-TV is seeking applicants for a general assignment multimedia journalist. KNDU/KNDO is a top-rated NBC affiliate in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with an aggressive news operation embracing all current platforms of news distribution. We're a great place to start your journalism career.We're looking for creative story tellers with the ability to shoot, edit, and write for broadcast and internet. The ability to speak conversational Spanish is a plus. A good driving record is mandatory. A college degree in journalism or related field is required.
We plan to fill this position immediately. If interested, send your resume, cover letter, references, and an internet link to your resume reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Be sure to include samples of packages you've shot, written, and edited. You can also mail a DVD to Jana Gray, News Director, KNDU/KNDO-TV, 3312 W. Kennewick Avenue, Kennewick, WA 99336. EEO. Women & minorities encouraged to apply.
KHQ-TV is looking for a Digital Journalist to join the Inland Northwest's largest, proudest news team. Think of this position as the "Swiss Army Knife" of news. DJ's will cover breaking news, develop and nurture local news contacts, enterprise unique stories, and follow-up on news stories. This person will not only develop said stories, but all so shoot, write, and edit them for multiple media platforms. In other words, we need a highly motivated individual who is well-versed in the rules of journalism, capable of working in a self directed environment and able to exercise a high level of creativity, innovation and enterprise when creating stories for presentation across multiple media delivery platforms. 1-3 years of experience is preferred. Please send your resume, cover letter and reel to email@example.com
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous reporting experience with professional print or online news organization, either as a staff member or intern.
- Experience with mobile reporting tools.
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Knowledge of and desire to participate in social media.
- Eagerness to share skills with other staff members and the community, as well as learn from others.
- Ability to adapt in a changing media and technology landscape.
- Ability to use web-based applications such as G-mail, Google, Facebook, etc.
- Ability to create non-article content - e.g. tweets, video clips, databases - for online.
- Technology and/or web development experience preferred.
- Passion and dedication to news!
- Great story teller who writes to video;
- Must enjoy working as one "man" band;
- Good video photographer with eye for news, features and sports;
- Minimum two (2) years experience as a television news reporter, shooter or editor;
- Familiarity with ENG and SNG;
- Ability to meet daily deadlines and work cooperatively with other staff members;
- Experience editing news copy and videotape;
- Good phone etiquette;
- Newsroom computer experience preferred;
- Must possess a valid driver's license with no DUI convictions;
- Ability to carry fifty pounds of television equipment;
- Pass pre-employment drug test.
- Bachelor's degree in Radio/Television, Film, Fine Arts or related field AND four years experience operating video cameras and editing equipment;
- OR, Two years experience operating video cameras and editing equipment;
- OR, an equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
INTERNSHIPSWe're Looking for Interns
Want to work for KHQ.com
? Here's your chance!We're looking for a few smart, eager interns who can fill key roles within our web sites – KHQ.com
. You may have your work published both locally and nationally on the Associated Press wires, on Yahoo!, digg, Drudge and more.WHAT WE'LL DO FOR YOU:
Unfortunately we have no money to offer, but you'll gain invaluable work and life experience at one of the most visited web sites in the Spokane area. You'll have the opportunity to get your work published online, learn how a major news outlet works and build connections with people in the industry.WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
WHAT ROLES WE'RE LOOKING FOREditorial Interns
- A talent for telling stories -- in various formats
- Eagerness to learn -- We'll teach you to be a better journalist, learn new technologies and build your resume.
- Smarts, good work ethic -- We're looking for someone who wants to be the best at all times.
- You're quick on the uptake -- Can take direction and go with it, but know when to ask questions
- Extreme multi-tasker -- Can handle juggling all kinds of tasks
- Child of the Internet -- You should get most of your news online and know how to find news and information in more ways than just Googling.
- Self-motivated -- We don't babysit.
- Team player -- You should play well with others.
- You like to have fun – Can you tell a joke, laugh and smile?
- You need to be a junior, senior or graduate student in good standing at an accredited institution and you must get college credit for the internship.
Brownie Points if you:
- Writing experience is a must -- We're not expecting you to be a writing master, but some experience in either a newspaper, web site, blog or a journalism class is necessary.
- Versatility -- You should be able to adapt to different types of content: hard news, around town news, politics, etc.
- Comfortable with all forms of Social Media.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Have a good knowledge of Spokane/Coeur d'Alene area
- Have video and photo editing experience
- You're savvy with what's happening around town [trends/hot spots]
If you think you fit into one of our highly coveted positions, then send in your resume. Also tell us about yourself, give your availability and examples of your work. Examples are a must! Send to:
Attn: Jeff Hite, Executive Producer, Interactive
P.O. Box 600
Spokane, WA 99201
KHQ, inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. EEO Information If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for KHQ-TV, please provide KHQ-TV with the name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number, and contact person and identify the category or categories of vacancies for which you would like information specified above to the following person at KHQ-TV: Paula Bauer. It is the policy of KHQ-TV to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.