The happy get lucky in their older years
"Don't worry, be happy" is not only a motto for enjoying life, it might actually help older folks live longer, researchers report.
Your biological clock: Why some age faster than others
Some adults age faster biologically than others, and may die early even if they have healthy lifestyles, researchers report.
Seniors not scared of social media after all
The notion that seniors shy away from social media may be off the mark.
Over 64? Want to cut your heart disease risk? Try exercise
Ride a bike, take a swim, walk your dog: New research shows even a "moderate" amount of exercise each week drastically reduces the odds a person aged 65 or older will die from heart disease.
Heat waves hit seniors hardest
As much of the Northeast struggles with a heat wave that isn't expected to ease until the middle of this week, here are some expert tips on how to spot heat stroke.
Rx for seniors' health: Upbeat view, less stress
A positive attitude about aging can help seniors cope with stress, a small study suggests.
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>
- Independent Living/Retirement Communities, Assisted Living Communities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Adult Family Homes. How are they different and how do you know which one is right for you?>>
- An explanation of the difference between each and the resources to find help and support for patients and families dealing with memory loss.>>
- Assisted Living is for adults who need help with everyday tasks but they don't need full-time nursing care. >INSIDE: Find local providers>>
- Trained professionals are here to guide you through the evaluation of physical and emotional well-being and help determine what living or care situation is best for you or your loved one.>>