Tough times can leave their mark on the older brain
Divorce, death in the family, money troubles and serious health problems don't just stress you out -- these negative life events may actually accelerate the aging of your brain, new research suggests.
Stretching can help get seniors moving
Stretching leg muscles every day may benefit seniors and other people with mobility problems, a new study reports.
Aging can be tough to swallow
It's thought that one-quarter of U.S. adults will develop a swallowing problem at some point. But researchers hope insight from a new study may help lead to improved treatment.
Falls among elderly cost $50 billion annually
Falls by older Americans have devastating medical and economic consequences, reaching $50 billion a year, a new study finds.
Winter temps raise health risks for seniors
Older adults are at increased risk for hypothermia, a dangerous drop in body temperature, the U.S. National Institute on Aging warns.
Mediterranean diet a recipe for strength in old age
A Mediterranean diet may make seniors less likely to become frail and help them maintain their health and independence, new research suggests.
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>
- Independent Living/Retirement Communities, Assisted Living Communities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Adult Family Homes. How are they different and how do you know which one is right for you?>>
- An explanation of the difference between each and the resources to find help and support for patients and families dealing with memory loss.>>
- Assisted Living is for adults who need help with everyday tasks but they don't need full-time nursing care. >INSIDE: Find local providers>>
- Trained professionals are here to guide you through the evaluation of physical and emotional well-being and help determine what living or care situation is best for you or your loved one.>>