- Answers about diagnosis, treatment, risk factors, stages of Alzheimer's Disease. >>
- Detailed information on what Medicare covers and doesn't cover for diagnosis, treatment, and care of someone with Alzheimer's Disease.>>
- A county by county listing of support groups and resources for Alzheimer patients and their families. >>
- What exactly is Alzheimer's Disease and how is it different from other forms of dementia that often sets in as people grow older? Click here for an explanation, history and risk factors for Alzheimer's Disease.>>
- Here is a list of signs of symptoms if you think you or someone you love may have Alzheimer's Disease.>>
Loving, supportive kids may help lower seniors' dementia risk
The quality of your relationships with your adult children and spouse might influence your chances of developing dementia, new research suggests.
Sleeping pills boost danger of falls, fractures in older users
Falls and resulting hip fractures can prove disabling and even fatal for seniors. And new research suggests the risk of hip fractures rises soon after an older person is prescribed a sleeping pill.
Docs may miss major cause of vision loss in seniors
It's the leading cause of permanent vision loss for Americans, but a condition called age-related macular degeneration (AMD) may be going undiagnosed too often, new research suggests.
Seniors' brain changes could make them vulnerable to scams
A pair of key differences in the brain may help distinguish which seniors are at risk of falling prey to financial scams, a small new study suggests.
Xanax, Valium may boost pneumonia risk in Alzheimer's patients
Alzheimer's patients given sedatives such as Valium or Xanax may have an increased risk for pneumonia, a new study warns.
What's the 'superagers' mental secret?
A new, easy key to preserving physical health of the brain in older Americans, a study suggests
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the Spokane Area.>>
- This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>This is a list of addresses and phone numbers for Senior Citizen Community Centers in the North Idaho Area.>>
- Independent Living/Retirement Communities, Assisted Living Communities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Adult Family Homes. How are they different and how do you know which one is right for you?>>
- An explanation of the difference between each and the resources to find help and support for patients and families dealing with memory loss.>>
- Assisted Living is for adults who need help with everyday tasks but they don't need full-time nursing care. >INSIDE: Find local providers>>
- Trained professionals are here to guide you through the evaluation of physical and emotional well-being and help determine what living or care situation is best for you or your loved one.>>