Health and NutritionMore>>
- We have record low levels of vaccine preventable childhood diseases in the US, but that does not mean these have disappeared. That’s why it’s important that children receive recommended immunizations on time. >>
- More families are turning to snacks for quick-meal solutions. Try these delicious suggestions that are sure to suit a range of snacking occasions for you and your kids. >>
Babies start connecting words early on
Babies apparently have a better understanding of adults' language than you might think.
Flu shot could help your kid avoid hospital
There's an easy way for parents to help cut their child's chances of ending up in the hospital with the flu -- get them vaccinated, researchers say.
Shaming overweight kids only makes things worse
Overweight kids who are shamed or stigmatized are more likely to binge eat or isolate themselves than to make positive changes such as losing weight, a leading pediatricians' group says.
How to spot the virus that puts some babies in the hospital
Is your baby's stuffy nose and cough just a cold or something more serious?
Calm parents help calm kids with ADHD
As challenging as it can be to raise a child with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), new research offers biological evidence that calm, positive parenting may help these kids master their own emotions and behaviors
A dangerous new twist on cyberbullying
As if the idea of teen cyberbullying isn't harrowing enough, a new study warns of a strange twist in which kids anonymously post hurtful messages -- to themselves.
Teen Health Kit for ParentsMore>>
- Your teen's good health depends on so many things: Avoiding peer pressure to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, getting enough sleep, exercising and eating nutritious foods. You can teach your teen many>>
- Many parents don't realize that children and teens can suffer from depression. But they can. In fact, it is estimated that depression affects as many as one in eight adolescents in the United States. >>
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia, are devastating illnesses for both the victims as well as their families. More than seven million women suffer from eating disorders. These illnesses are>>
- It would be nice if teens came with owners' manuals. But, of course, they don't. Actually, that's part of the fun and challenge of parenting teens. Each one is unique. The best you can do as a parent >>
- Tobacco use produces significant health problems in teens, including an increase in the number and severity of respiratory illnesses, like asthma and bronchitis, and decreased physical fitness. Tobacco>>
Lunchbox RecipesLunchbox RecipesMore>>
- A delicious recipe for apple gingerbread muffins.>>
- ½ cup butter or margarine 2 cups uncooked macaroni (mini-shells are always a hit) ¼ cup minced onion 1 tsp salt ½ tsp dry mustard ½ tsp white pepper 1½ cups water ¾ cup skim milk 2 cups>>
- Who doesn't love crunchy snack mix?>>
- Make some honey-almond granola!>>
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled, and sliced into ¼-inch slices 1 tsp cinnamon 6 tbsp Creamy peanut butter 4 slices whole wheat bread Cookie cutters – any shape, be creative! Sprinkle the apple>>
- Enjoy this delicious classic that uses dill, fresh parsley and green onion.>>