Health and NutritionMore>>
- We have record low levels of vaccine preventable childhood diseases in the US, but that does not mean these have disappeared. That’s why it’s important that children receive recommended immunizations on time. >>
- More families are turning to snacks for quick-meal solutions. Try these delicious suggestions that are sure to suit a range of snacking occasions for you and your kids. >>
Does your child really have a food allergy?
Many people misunderstand what food allergies are, and even doctors can be confused about how to best diagnose them, suggests a new report from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Travelers to Europe need measles protection: CDC
Americans traveling to Europe should take steps to protect themselves against measles, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises.
Despite warnings, kids are still dying in hot cars
On July 2, a 7-week-old baby boy died after being left in his grandmother's van for almost eight hours on a hot summer day in Mary Esther, Fla.
Do moms who smoke in pregnancy raise their odds for a troubled teen?
Expectant mothers have been warned for years to avoid cigarettes. Now researchers report another reason to follow that advice: Teens and young adults whose mothers smoked during pregnancy may be more likely to break the law and be antisocial.
Sugary drinks in pregnancy tied to heavier kids later
Could a pregnant woman's craving for sugar-sweetened drinks put her child at risk for being overweight later in life?
Probiotic supplements failed to prevent babies' infections
Probiotic supplements may not protect babies from catching colds or stomach bugs in day care, a new clinical trial suggests.
Teen Health Kit for ParentsMore>>
- Your teen's good health depends on so many things: Avoiding peer pressure to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, getting enough sleep, exercising and eating nutritious foods. You can teach your teen many>>
- Many parents don't realize that children and teens can suffer from depression. But they can. In fact, it is estimated that depression affects as many as one in eight adolescents in the United States. >>
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia, are devastating illnesses for both the victims as well as their families. More than seven million women suffer from eating disorders. These illnesses are>>
- It would be nice if teens came with owners' manuals. But, of course, they don't. Actually, that's part of the fun and challenge of parenting teens. Each one is unique. The best you can do as a parent >>
- Tobacco use produces significant health problems in teens, including an increase in the number and severity of respiratory illnesses, like asthma and bronchitis, and decreased physical fitness. Tobacco>>
Lunchbox RecipesLunchbox RecipesMore>>
- A delicious recipe for apple gingerbread muffins.>>
- ½ cup butter or margarine 2 cups uncooked macaroni (mini-shells are always a hit) ¼ cup minced onion 1 tsp salt ½ tsp dry mustard ½ tsp white pepper 1½ cups water ¾ cup skim milk 2 cups>>
- Who doesn't love crunchy snack mix?>>
- Make some honey-almond granola!>>
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled, and sliced into ¼-inch slices 1 tsp cinnamon 6 tbsp Creamy peanut butter 4 slices whole wheat bread Cookie cutters – any shape, be creative! Sprinkle the apple>>
- Enjoy this delicious classic that uses dill, fresh parsley and green onion.>>