Health and NutritionMore>>
- We have record low levels of vaccine preventable childhood diseases in the US, but that does not mean these have disappeared. That’s why it’s important that children receive recommended immunizations on time. >>
- More families are turning to snacks for quick-meal solutions. Try these delicious suggestions that are sure to suit a range of snacking occasions for you and your kids. >>
Here's to a healthy pregnancy
Take good prenatal care of yourself and not only will you have a healthier baby, you'll also lower his or her risk of type 2 diabetes, obesity and heart disease later in life.
Parents find kids' weight report cards hard to swallow
Schools across the country are issuing special report cards that assess a student's weight and health -- but parents often don't believe what they're seeing, a small study shows.
Obamacare helped more young women get prenatal care: study
One of the main features of Obamacare -- providing insurance for adults under age 26 through their parents' health plan -- allowed many pregnant young women to obtain prenatal care, new research shows.
Therapy helps those with autism navigate adulthood
For young people with autism, the leap to adulthood can feel like jumping off a cliff, but researchers may be zeroing in on a safety net.
Preemies get a slow start on friendships
As if preemies didn't face enough struggles, a new study finds they have more difficulty making friends, though things improve once they start school.
Hey kids, just say no to energy drinks
Highly caffeinated energy drinks aren't safe for children and teens, and should not be marketed to them, a leading sports medicine organization warns.
Teen Health Kit for ParentsMore>>
- Your teen's good health depends on so many things: Avoiding peer pressure to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, getting enough sleep, exercising and eating nutritious foods. You can teach your teen many>>
- Many parents don't realize that children and teens can suffer from depression. But they can. In fact, it is estimated that depression affects as many as one in eight adolescents in the United States. >>
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia, are devastating illnesses for both the victims as well as their families. More than seven million women suffer from eating disorders. These illnesses are>>
- It would be nice if teens came with owners' manuals. But, of course, they don't. Actually, that's part of the fun and challenge of parenting teens. Each one is unique. The best you can do as a parent >>
- Tobacco use produces significant health problems in teens, including an increase in the number and severity of respiratory illnesses, like asthma and bronchitis, and decreased physical fitness. Tobacco>>
Lunchbox RecipesLunchbox RecipesMore>>
- A delicious recipe for apple gingerbread muffins.>>
- ½ cup butter or margarine 2 cups uncooked macaroni (mini-shells are always a hit) ¼ cup minced onion 1 tsp salt ½ tsp dry mustard ½ tsp white pepper 1½ cups water ¾ cup skim milk 2 cups>>
- Who doesn't love crunchy snack mix?>>
- Make some honey-almond granola!>>
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled, and sliced into ¼-inch slices 1 tsp cinnamon 6 tbsp Creamy peanut butter 4 slices whole wheat bread Cookie cutters – any shape, be creative! Sprinkle the apple>>
- Enjoy this delicious classic that uses dill, fresh parsley and green onion.>>