Health and NutritionMore>>
- We have record low levels of vaccine preventable childhood diseases in the US, but that does not mean these have disappeared. That’s why it’s important that children receive recommended immunizations on time. >>
- More families are turning to snacks for quick-meal solutions. Try these delicious suggestions that are sure to suit a range of snacking occasions for you and your kids. >>
When adults show determination, babies copy
Grit and determination are not necessarily ingrained. Rather, they're qualities learned from a very young age, a new lab experiment demonstrates.
When moms don't sleep well, neither do their kids
If mom is an insomniac, her kids are likely to be poor sleepers, too.
Fighting HIV on multiple fronts might lead to vaccine
A combination antibody strategy could be the key to halting the spread of HIV, according to results from two promising animal studies.
Youth football ups odds of brain problems in adulthood
Kids who start playing tackle football before age 12 have a higher risk of mental and behavioral problems in adulthood than their counterparts who began playing at older ages, a new study suggests.
Higher cigarette taxes may mean fewer infant deaths
A new European study finds that when the price of cigarettes rises, infant deaths decline.
More U.S. kids landing in ER with opioid addiction
A growing number of children and teens are turning up in U.S. emergency departments dependent on opioids -- including prescription painkillers and heroin, a new study finds.
Teen Health Kit for ParentsMore>>
- Your teen's good health depends on so many things: Avoiding peer pressure to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, getting enough sleep, exercising and eating nutritious foods. You can teach your teen many>>
- Many parents don't realize that children and teens can suffer from depression. But they can. In fact, it is estimated that depression affects as many as one in eight adolescents in the United States. >>
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia, are devastating illnesses for both the victims as well as their families. More than seven million women suffer from eating disorders. These illnesses are>>
- It would be nice if teens came with owners' manuals. But, of course, they don't. Actually, that's part of the fun and challenge of parenting teens. Each one is unique. The best you can do as a parent >>
- Tobacco use produces significant health problems in teens, including an increase in the number and severity of respiratory illnesses, like asthma and bronchitis, and decreased physical fitness. Tobacco>>
Lunchbox RecipesLunchbox RecipesMore>>
- A delicious recipe for apple gingerbread muffins.>>
- ½ cup butter or margarine 2 cups uncooked macaroni (mini-shells are always a hit) ¼ cup minced onion 1 tsp salt ½ tsp dry mustard ½ tsp white pepper 1½ cups water ¾ cup skim milk 2 cups>>
- Who doesn't love crunchy snack mix?>>
- Make some honey-almond granola!>>
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled, and sliced into ¼-inch slices 1 tsp cinnamon 6 tbsp Creamy peanut butter 4 slices whole wheat bread Cookie cutters – any shape, be creative! Sprinkle the apple>>
- Enjoy this delicious classic that uses dill, fresh parsley and green onion.>>