Health and NutritionMore>>
- We have record low levels of vaccine preventable childhood diseases in the US, but that does not mean these have disappeared. That’s why it’s important that children receive recommended immunizations on time. >>
- More families are turning to snacks for quick-meal solutions. Try these delicious suggestions that are sure to suit a range of snacking occasions for you and your kids. >>
Screening may miss signs of autism, especially in girls: study
An important checklist used to screen for autism can miss subtle clues in some children, delaying their eventual diagnosis.
Dirty air in pregnancy may raise kid's blood pressure risk
Breathing polluted air is never wise for anyone, but pregnant women may pay an especially unwanted price.
Depression striking more young people than ever
Americans are fast becoming a very depressed lot.
Many parents miss speech disorders in young kids
Many parents don't recognize the signs of speech and language problems in children, or don't know that early treatment is important, a new survey finds.
Infants know real 'baby talk' when they hear it
Babies go gaga over other babies' goo-goos, a new study finds.
Curiosity a plus in the classroom, particularly for poorer kids
Curious children do better in school, and this is especially true of youngsters from poorer families, a new study suggests.
Teen Health Kit for ParentsMore>>
- Your teen's good health depends on so many things: Avoiding peer pressure to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, getting enough sleep, exercising and eating nutritious foods. You can teach your teen many>>
- Many parents don't realize that children and teens can suffer from depression. But they can. In fact, it is estimated that depression affects as many as one in eight adolescents in the United States. >>
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia, are devastating illnesses for both the victims as well as their families. More than seven million women suffer from eating disorders. These illnesses are>>
- It would be nice if teens came with owners' manuals. But, of course, they don't. Actually, that's part of the fun and challenge of parenting teens. Each one is unique. The best you can do as a parent >>
- Tobacco use produces significant health problems in teens, including an increase in the number and severity of respiratory illnesses, like asthma and bronchitis, and decreased physical fitness. Tobacco>>
Lunchbox RecipesLunchbox RecipesMore>>
- A delicious recipe for apple gingerbread muffins.>>
- ½ cup butter or margarine 2 cups uncooked macaroni (mini-shells are always a hit) ¼ cup minced onion 1 tsp salt ½ tsp dry mustard ½ tsp white pepper 1½ cups water ¾ cup skim milk 2 cups>>
- Who doesn't love crunchy snack mix?>>
- Make some honey-almond granola!>>
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled, and sliced into ¼-inch slices 1 tsp cinnamon 6 tbsp Creamy peanut butter 4 slices whole wheat bread Cookie cutters – any shape, be creative! Sprinkle the apple>>
- Enjoy this delicious classic that uses dill, fresh parsley and green onion.>>