Job Description: Multimedia Content ReporterPosted: Updated:
Job Description: Multimedia Content Reporter
Status: Full-Time, Hourly
- The Multimedia Content Reporter will be responsible for reporting on relevant content and distributing said content across the many media platforms owned and/or operated by KHQ-TV LLC. These include but are not limited to: KHQ, KAYU, KFFX, KCYU newscasts, SWX-TV, KHQ.com, SWXRightNow.com
- To produce, organize, write, edit content for nightly newscast
- To produce, organize, write, edit content for KHQ.com and SWXRightNow.com
- Continue to grow ratings and locally produced product of KHQ-TV, LLC. as assigned by management
- Work with other content managers, anchors, producers, reporters, photojournalists, and editors to execute content on multiple media platforms managed by KHQ-TV, LLC.
- To shoot and edit video content for multiple media platforms managed by KHQ-TV, LLC.
- Good organizational and people skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time, and meet strict deadlines
- Understanding and operation Associated Press ENPS electronic news gathering system or similar news system
- Understanding and operation of the web browsers including but not limited to: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari
- Non-linear editing experience preferred
- Experience shooting broadcast quality video preferred
- Experience or willingness to learn ENG truck operations preferred
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Journalism, Broadcast Journalism, Communications, Political Science or related field preferred.
- At least one-year experience reporting for a broadcast television station.