Colbert home goes up in flames for second time in two days - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Colbert home goes up in flames for second time in two days

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane County fire crews battled a house fire Monday morning in the same home where a fire broke out just a day earlier.

Fire officials say fire first broke in the home in the 21000 block of N. Panorama Rd. Sunday morning, just after 11.

The family, eight children and two adults, was at church at the time and no one was injured in the blaze. The home was ruled uninhabitable and the Red Cross was said to be providing assistance to the family.

After knocking down the Sunday morning fire, firefighters left behind thermal imaging gear to monitor the home for hot spots that may flare back up.

Monday morning, just before 6, a hot spot that went undetected flared up in the home's attic and quickly spread.

"The way houses are insulated today, they are getting tougher and tougher to find hot spots, especially in the attic, we couldn't pull all of the insulation out, we just couldn't detect it," said Fire District 4's Pat Humphries.

Fire crews were able to knock the second fire down and say it's a blessing the family of 10 was not home during both fires.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Florida mom blames teen's death on confusing packaging for peanut cookies

    Florida mom blames teen's death on confusing packaging for peanut cookies

    Tuesday, July 17 2018 1:05 PM EDT2018-07-17 17:05:08 GMT

    A Florida mother blames the death of her 15-year-old daughter on what she calls confusing packaging for Reese's Chips Ahoy cookies.    Kelli Travers-Stafford says her daughter Alexi mistakenly ate one of the cookies at a friend's house despite her peanut allergy, because the top of the familiar red packaging was peeled back, hiding the Reese's label.  

    >>

    A Florida mother blames the death of her 15-year-old daughter on what she calls confusing packaging for Reese's Chips Ahoy cookies.    Kelli Travers-Stafford says her daughter Alexi mistakenly ate one of the cookies at a friend's house despite her peanut allergy, because the top of the familiar red packaging was peeled back, hiding the Reese's label.  

    >>
  • Spokane Valley massage parlor under investigation for sex trafficking

    Spokane Valley massage parlor under investigation for sex trafficking

    Monday, July 16 2018 9:43 PM EDT2018-07-17 01:43:51 GMT

    SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol is investigating a Spokane Valley massage parlor for sex trafficking and prostitution. According to court documents, several men contacted authorities about the parlor, Space Oil Massage, and told them that the women who worked there asked them in private to call 911 because they were being forced to perform sex acts against their will.

    >>

    SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol is investigating a Spokane Valley massage parlor for sex trafficking and prostitution. According to court documents, several men contacted authorities about the parlor, Space Oil Massage, and told them that the women who worked there asked them in private to call 911 because they were being forced to perform sex acts against their will.

    >>
  • Man who was hitting woman dies after witnesses intervene

    Man who was hitting woman dies after witnesses intervene

    Monday, July 16 2018 6:58 PM EDT2018-07-16 22:58:35 GMT

    YAKIMA, Wash. (AP) - Police say a man who was assaulting a woman in Yakima is dead after he was struck with a baton or baseball bat as witnesses intervened.    Authorities say the fight happened late Sunday night outside the Connections Transitional Apartments. Officers arrived to find a 57-year-old man who lived at the complex sitting outside with a head injury. He died at a hospital.

    >>

    YAKIMA, Wash. (AP) - Police say a man who was assaulting a woman in Yakima is dead after he was struck with a baton or baseball bat as witnesses intervened.    Authorities say the fight happened late Sunday night outside the Connections Transitional Apartments. Officers arrived to find a 57-year-old man who lived at the complex sitting outside with a head injury. He died at a hospital.

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/