Early morning fire damages Spokane Valley duplex - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Early morning fire damages Spokane Valley duplex

SPOKANE VALLEY - Spokane Valley firefighters responded to a report of a house fire at 2:31am Saturday morning 2214 Marguerite Road.  The first unit found fire coming through the roof of two adjacent garages that were attached to a duplex.  The fire had extended to both duplex units.  They had the fire under control in approximately 30 minutes from the time units were dispatched.         

There was no one home in the north unit at the time of the fire.  There was a resident at home in the south unit and was awakened by a smoke detector going off.  When they heard the smoke detector going off they turned on a light and immediately lost power.  They were able to safely exit the duplex through the front door. 

The fire fighters searched both duplexes and found two cats.  The cats were brought out and given oxygen by the fire fighters.  Both cats survived and are being treated by a local veterinarian.

 The fire investigator determined the area where the fire first started was in the garage of the south duplex unit.  The cause of the fire is undermined at this time.  The fire loss is estimated at approximately $350,000.   

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Can you prank your mom? 'The 25 pound turkey challenge'

    Can you prank your mom? 'The 25 pound turkey challenge'

    Wednesday, December 21 2016 2:36 PM EST2016-12-21 19:36:25 GMT

    KHQ.COM - Most mothers can only hope by the time their children grow up and move out of the house, they've learned all the necessary things to be a successful adult, including the basic knowledge that a turkey must be cooked in an oven, or perhaps in a smoker... NOT in a microwave. For this reason a new prank-challenge going around on Facebook is resulting in some hilarious text conversations between mothers and their grown children.

    >>

    KHQ.COM - Most mothers can only hope by the time their children grow up and move out of the house, they've learned all the necessary things to be a successful adult, including the basic knowledge that a turkey must be cooked in an oven, or perhaps in a smoker... NOT in a microwave. For this reason a new prank-challenge going around on Facebook is resulting in some hilarious text conversations between mothers and their grown children.

    >>
  • UPDATE: Firefighters say fire burning near Sacred Heart is suspicious

    UPDATE: Firefighters say fire burning near Sacred Heart is suspicious

    Saturday, November 17 2018 3:04 AM EST2018-11-17 08:04:06 GMT

    Spokane firefighters are on the scene of a fire at a five-story garage that's under construction near Sacred Heart on the South Hill.

    >>

    Spokane firefighters are on the scene of a fire at a five-story garage that's under construction near Sacred Heart on the South Hill.

    >>
  • Man faces DUI, hit and run charges for crash that flipped semi in Spokane Valley

    Man faces DUI, hit and run charges for crash that flipped semi in Spokane Valley

    Saturday, November 17 2018 1:46 PM EST2018-11-17 18:46:53 GMT

    All eastbound I-90 lanes near Evergreen in Spokane Valley were closed this morning after a semi flipped onto its side. It started with an erratic driver in a black pickup truck slamming into a passenger car. 

    >>

    All eastbound I-90 lanes near Evergreen in Spokane Valley were closed this morning after a semi flipped onto its side. It started with an erratic driver in a black pickup truck slamming into a passenger car. 

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/