Wenatchee Toddler Swallows Lithium Battery
SEATTLE (AP) - A lithium battery swallowed by a Wenatchee toddler burned a hole in his esophagus before the problem was discovered.
The mother of 14-month-old Kylen Carrillo told KIRO-TV he apparently swallowed the flat, round battery last month. Doctors first thought it was a coin, but when a surgeon removed it on May
19 the doctor noticed it had started to corrode.
The boy was taken to Children's Hospital in Seattle where doctors found the hole in his esophagus. He's being treated and is expected to make a full recovery.
Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>