Man Who Died In House Fire Not Yet Positively Identified - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Man Who Died In House Fire Not Yet Positively Identified

SPOKANE, Wash. - The man who died in a fire on 1003 East Ermina has not yet been positively identified by investigators. According to the official press release, Spokane Fire is waiting for the positive identification and notification to next-of-kin.

The press release  also states that Spokane Police arrived prior to Spokane Fire because Spokane Fire was given the wrong address.

Official Press Release:

The man who died in the tragic fire incident at 1003 East Ermina has not yet been positively identified by investigators. An autopsy was completed this morning and we expect to release a name after positive identification and notification of next-of-kin have been made.

The first 911 call reporting the fire came into dispatch at 1:12 AM. Routinely, both Spokane Police and Spokane Fire respond. Spokane Police arrived a few minutes before Spokane Fire and confirmed a fatality inside an active house fire. Inadvertently, the wrong address was initially dispatched to fire personnel; however the majority of fire companies that were responding were redirected to the corrected address while enroute. The first fire company arrived in ten minutes and 22 seconds after the initial call.

Yesterday's tragic fire was the fourth fire fatality in the City of Spokane this year (2010). The investigation is ongoing and additional information will be released as it becomes available.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Florida mom blames teen's death on confusing packaging for peanut cookies

    Florida mom blames teen's death on confusing packaging for peanut cookies

    Tuesday, July 17 2018 1:05 PM EDT2018-07-17 17:05:08 GMT

    A Florida mother blames the death of her 15-year-old daughter on what she calls confusing packaging for Reese's Chips Ahoy cookies.    Kelli Travers-Stafford says her daughter Alexi mistakenly ate one of the cookies at a friend's house despite her peanut allergy, because the top of the familiar red packaging was peeled back, hiding the Reese's label.  

    >>

    A Florida mother blames the death of her 15-year-old daughter on what she calls confusing packaging for Reese's Chips Ahoy cookies.    Kelli Travers-Stafford says her daughter Alexi mistakenly ate one of the cookies at a friend's house despite her peanut allergy, because the top of the familiar red packaging was peeled back, hiding the Reese's label.  

    >>
  • Evacuations remain in place as Upriver/Beacon Hill Fire grows to 200 acres; 2 homes lost

    Evacuations remain in place as Upriver/Beacon Hill Fire grows to 200 acres; 2 homes lost

    Tuesday, July 17 2018 11:12 PM EDT2018-07-18 03:12:26 GMT

    Fire crews are battling a large brush fire near Upriver Drive. The fire near Felts Field forced Level 3 evacuations for people South of Valley Springs, East of Minnehaha and north of Upriver. KHQ has learned one home has been lost, while another is involved. This is a developing story and will be updated when more information is available.

    >>

    Fire crews are battling a large brush fire near Upriver Drive. The fire near Felts Field forced Level 3 evacuations for people South of Valley Springs, East of Minnehaha and north of Upriver. KHQ has learned one home has been lost, while another is involved. This is a developing story and will be updated when more information is available.

    >>
  • Spokane Valley massage parlor under investigation for sex trafficking

    Spokane Valley massage parlor under investigation for sex trafficking

    Monday, July 16 2018 9:43 PM EDT2018-07-17 01:43:51 GMT

    SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol is investigating a Spokane Valley massage parlor for sex trafficking and prostitution. According to court documents, several men contacted authorities about the parlor, Space Oil Massage, and told them that the women who worked there asked them in private to call 911 because they were being forced to perform sex acts against their will.

    >>

    SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol is investigating a Spokane Valley massage parlor for sex trafficking and prostitution. According to court documents, several men contacted authorities about the parlor, Space Oil Massage, and told them that the women who worked there asked them in private to call 911 because they were being forced to perform sex acts against their will.

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/