Baby Dies From Overdose At Children’s Hospital; What You're Saying On Facebook
KIROTV.COM - Seattle Children's Hospital is under investigation after an infant died from a medication overdose, reported KIRO 7 Eyewitness News. A letter from the CEO of the hospital reveals an intensive care nurse accidentally gave an infant 10 times the intended dose of a drug called calcium chloride. The child was not in good health to begin with, and that overdose was enough to take the infant's life several days later, KIRO 7 reporter Jeff Dubois said. In the letter, CEO Dr. Tom Hansen said, "An important way we can make medicine safer is if we admit that mistakes occur and openly investigate them. We must learn from these events ... and error-proof our care processes."
Valerie Undeberg Davis: Poor parents! Prayers are with them. :(
Paulette Oots-Robbins: Very sad.....I realize it was human error and I am sure that nurse is suffering from this incident, but how devistating this is....
Dina Hastings: I smell lawsuit!!!! My condolences to the family....this should have NEVER happened. Makes me want to think twice about taking my kids in when they are sick!
Larrissa Nelson: we should be able to trust hospital with our childrens life.. and if we cant do that them then who can we trust...
Holly Lynn Baker: oh my gosh! this is so unacceptable. i understand mistakes happen, but there are so many systems supposed to be in place that you have to be pretty neglagent in order to achieve this
Willie Krauss Gilmore: I couldn't imagine how the parents feel. These "accidents" need to stop. We entrust our children to these people to keep them safe and make them better. This should NEVER happen.
Ian Langley: 10 times more than what was required,how can you make that mistake?that is not an error it is gross incompetence beyond belief..my sympathies to the child and parents.
Lindsay Groves: I think that is BS. Don't they go to school for that kind of stuff. So now a little baby lost it's life due to someone that didn't know what they were doing. Doesn't anyone know how to read anymore. My word the poor family. They are in my prayers.
Molly Foth: I am deeply sorry for the family i Lost my son "due to doctor accident" 15 years ago........the pain never goes away............
Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>
Update: Sheriff's deputies tell us a recovery operation is now underway at Palouse Falls where a man from Spokane has drowned. Detectives say the 25-year-old was trying to take a selfie with his girlfriend above the falls when he fell about 35 feet off the back side of a cliff. Deputies say they don't know if he went over the falls, so rescue teams have been looking above and below it.>>
TACOMA, Wash. (AP) - A 20-year-old man who was intentionally run over at a Grays Harbor County campground has died of his injuries. KOMO-TV reports that Jimmy Smith-Kramer of Taholah was one of two victims run over by a pickup truck Saturday. Tacoma General Hospital officials confirmed he had died late Sunday.>>
SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - A Vietnam veteran is hoping to get his backhoe back after it was stolen on Sunday in broad daylight. Sunday afternoon Geno Werner went to lunch with a friend on Memorial Day weekend. When the Navy veteran got home, he was shocked to see his camouflage backhoe that was parked on the street right next to his Spokane Valley home was missing.>>
MOSES LAKE, Wash. - A serious crash is blocking lanes of I-90 near Moses Lake. Details are very limited at this time, but WSDOT confirms one lane in each direction on I-90 near milepost 173 is closed while crews investigate the crash. Viewer video sent to KHQ shows a large motorhome flipped over in the median.>>
ADAMS COUNTY, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol one person has died following a one-car collision south of Ritzville Monday morning. Troopers say the crash happened on Highway 395 about 24 miles south of Ritzville. The 2005 Chevy Trailblazer was headed north on 395 at a high rate of speed when the driver 18-year-old Jaciel Parra of Victor, Idaho, fell asleep at the wheel.>>
JUPITER, Fla. - Update: Following his arrest on a DUI charge in Florida, golfer Tiger Woods released a statement Monday evening saying alcohol wasn't involved. Woods says he takes full responsibility for his actions and that the DUI was an unexpected reaction to medication. His full statement can be read below:>>