|Live Streaming Video|
|>Click here to launch live video|
POST FALLS, Idaho - The Post Falls Police Department has confirmed the 3-year-old injured allegedly by a babysitter has died as a result of injuries. The child passed away at Sacred Heart Medical Center. Kevin Randall is working on getting you more information.
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE: On Monday, October 4th, 2010 at approximately 4:30 P.M. Post Falls Officers responded to the 500 block of North Elm Road for a report of a 3 year-old male child who was breathing but unresponsive. When officers arrived on scene, they were told by the babysitter that she was attempting to remove urine soaked clothes from the 3 year-old when he became "limp" and unresponsive.
Medical personnel arrived on scene and transported the child to Kootenai Medical Center in Coeur d' Alene. Initially, it was believed that the child might have ingested something that caused him to slip into his unresponsive state. Officers were later advised that a C.T. scan revealed that the child had a bleeding skull fracture.
Medical personnel felt that the injury was suspicious in nature. The child was flown to Sacred Heart Medical Center, in Spokane where the child immediately underwent emergency surgery for his injuries.
Detectives responded and as a result of the investigation, the 25 year-old babysitter admitted to becoming frustrated and angry with the child after he had urinated himself.
The babysitter advised that she shoved the child to the ground resulting in the injuries to his head. Charges are pending in this case. The child is currently in critical condition and the case is still actively under investigation by the Post Falls Police Department.