Snowiest November Ever - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Snowiest November Ever; And More Snow Is On The Way!

(Photo uploaded to our KHQ.com weather page from the CDA area) (Photo uploaded to our KHQ.com weather page from the CDA area)
(Photo uploaded to our KHQ.com weather page from the Sandpoint area) (Photo uploaded to our KHQ.com weather page from the Sandpoint area)

KHQ.COM -  Spokane set a record for November snowfall, and more snow is on the way. A total of 25.9 inches of snow was measured at Spokane International Airport in November, breaking the record of 24.7 inches set in 1955. The airport got 5.3 inches on Tuesday. Freezing fog was reported in the Yakima Valley on Wednesday.

Many school districts in Eastern Washington canceled classes or started late on Wednesday because of icy roads.

Forecasters predicted a 40 percent chance of snow Wednesday, increasing to 60 percent Thursday and 70 percent Thursday night.
   

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Police: Driver was going 2x the speed limit in deadly crash

    Police: Driver was going 2x the speed limit in deadly crash

    Thursday, April 26 2018 2:12 AM EDT2018-04-26 06:12:50 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - What sounded like an accident has now led to charges against the woman who was behind the wheel. The driver of Tuesday night's deadly crash is being investigated for DUI and vehicular homicide. Detectives say around 9:30 p.m. a man was struck and killed by a driver as he tried to cross the street near 3rd and Liberty Park Place.   Court documents released Wednesday show that the driver, 50-year-old Tamila Lindsly, 

    >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. - What sounded like an accident has now led to charges against the woman who was behind the wheel. The driver of Tuesday night's deadly crash is being investigated for DUI and vehicular homicide. Detectives say around 9:30 p.m. a man was struck and killed by a driver as he tried to cross the street near 3rd and Liberty Park Place.   Court documents released Wednesday show that the driver, 50-year-old Tamila Lindsly, 

    >>
  • PHOTOS: All lanes of I-90 reopen after semi-truck loses load in downtown Spokane

    PHOTOS: All lanes of I-90 reopen after semi-truck loses load in downtown Spokane

    Wednesday, April 25 2018 6:25 PM EDT2018-04-25 22:25:01 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Jim Martin Trucking LLC out of Hayden, Idaho confirmed with KHQ the driver of the semi-truck involved in Wednesday's crash on I-90 in downtown Spokane is okay and is cooperating with Troopers. The driver, who was hauling crushed cars, says he was cut off by another car, which he says started the chain reaction that caused the crash. 

    >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Jim Martin Trucking LLC out of Hayden, Idaho confirmed with KHQ the driver of the semi-truck involved in Wednesday's crash on I-90 in downtown Spokane is okay and is cooperating with Troopers. The driver, who was hauling crushed cars, says he was cut off by another car, which he says started the chain reaction that caused the crash. 

    >>
  • 12-year-old trapped underwater for nearly 9 minutes in resort pool

    12-year-old trapped underwater for nearly 9 minutes in resort pool

    Wednesday, April 25 2018 11:58 PM EDT2018-04-26 03:58:03 GMT
    NBC NewsNBC News
    NBC NewsNBC News

    MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - Police in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina say a 12-year-old-boy is alive after being trapped underwater for nine minutes. A video obtained by NBC News shows the boy and his friend swimming around the lazy river at a resort. They removed a metal grate on the floor. The boy was swimming down to explore the hole when his leg became stuck. His friend and several adults tried to get him out, but were unsuccessful. 

    >>

    MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - Police in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina say a 12-year-old-boy is alive after being trapped underwater for nine minutes. A video obtained by NBC News shows the boy and his friend swimming around the lazy river at a resort. They removed a metal grate on the floor. The boy was swimming down to explore the hole when his leg became stuck. His friend and several adults tried to get him out, but were unsuccessful. 

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/