Late Night Fire On The South Hill
SPOKANE, Wash. - A late night fire leaves six Spokane residents displaced this morning. It happened around 10:45 PM Sunday evening at 606 South Scott Street. Initially about five fire crews were called to the scene but officials tell us two crews went into the home and were able to contain the fire to the room where it started.
Spokane Fire Department Battalion Chief, Craig Cornelius, says it was an electrical fire that started in the back of the house, possibly because of an overloaded electrical circuit. We're told the residents in the house normally burn wood for heat, but started to use electrical heaters to stay warm. Fortunately, no injuries were reported. Power was shut off to the home, but residents should be able to return as soon as the fire is investigated more thoroughly.
The Red Cross Assisted the people and have given them temporary shelter at a local motel.
Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>
Coeur d'Alene High School classes canceled Thursday after principal dies from apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Classes at Coeur d'Alene High School have been canceled after Principal Troy Schueller passed away from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound on Wednesday, according to the school district. In a release, Director of Communications Scott Maben said Principal Schueller was found at his home with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was taken to Kootenai Health, but passed away at around 2:00 p.m.>>
KHQ.COM - A new survey from OnlyInYourState.com says the best burgers in the entire state of Idaho come from a gas station in Coeur d'Alene. Have you ever been to the surf shack? It's a little burger joint inside the A & D Mini Mart on North 4th St. Most people don't expect much from gas station food but these burgers seem to impress for their flavor and their price. Most of the burgers on the menu are under $5.>>
SINKING SPRING, Pa. - A Pennsylvania couple is facing criminal charges after police found the body of an infant believed to be their 6-month-old daughter in a crawl space at their apartment. Police went to their apartment complex in Springfield Township late Monday on a tip from a relative who had heard stories from the father about the couple's child having died.>>
SPOKANE, Wash. - Last Saturday, Larissa Warren and her 8-year-old son were driving home along Southeast Boulevard on the south hill when something strange coming at them caught her attention. "I noticed two tires in the opposite lane of traffic," Warren said.>>
Spokane, Wash. The game of tag which the movie is based on started in the hallways of Gonzaga Prep in Spokane in 1982. Now nearly 30 years later, that game is being turned into a movie "I think somebody turned around at the end of one class and said tag you're it. And you don't want to be it, so we took off running down the halls, and we started doing it between class," said one of the players Mike Konesky. Not only did they play this game in between class>>
AUSTIN - Authorities say they've recovered homemade explosives from inside the home of the man responsible for planting a series of bombs around Austin. The Austin Police Department and federal authorities said in a statement Wednesday afternoon that they were "working to safely remove and dispose of" the explosives at a home on Second Street in Pflugerville, just north of Austin.>>