Bizarre Letters Sent By Facebook Stalker - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Bizarre Letters Sent By Facebook Stalker

THESMOKINGGUN.COM - The restraining order application filed by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg against the 31-year-old man that he has accused of stalking him has surfaced.

 

In a January 31 Santa Clara Superior Court filing, Zuckerberg charged that Pradeep Manukonda "is stalking me, my girlfriend and sister and refuses to cease." A day after Zuckerberg filed his petition, Judge Socrates Manoukian temporarily ordered Manukonda to stay at least 300 yards away from Zuckerberg and his girlfriend Priscilla Chan.

Additionally, Manukonda was barred from coming near the couple's home and offices, and he was directed to cease trying to contact them via e-mail or via Facebook. The judge set a February 22 hearing, at which a permanent restraining order could be issued.

Manukonda, pictured at right, did not respond to a message left on his voicemail or an e-mail sent to his Gmail account.

Zuckerberg's application included a declaration prepared by Todd Sheets, a Facebook security official who detailed Manukonda's various attempts to contact Zuckerberg beginning in mid-December. In a December 13 letter mailed to Facebook, Manukonda wrote that he needed help with a "matter of life & death" and revealed that he had been "coming to your office and waiting in front of your office."

Sheets's declaration included copies of communications reportedly sent to Zuckerberg by Manukonda--handwritten letters and one e-mail--and quoted from messages sent via Facebook. Stating that he needed Zuckerberg's help in saving his purportedly ill mother's life, Manukonda wrote "I am ready to die for you."

On January 23, Manukonda left an envelope containing a four-page letter on Zuckerberg's car. In that missive, he again wrote, "I am ready to die for you, please Mark please…I am waiting outside your house." The following afternoon, Facebook security intercepted Manukonda as he approached Zuckerberg's Palo Alto residence.

Undeterred by a police warning to stay away from Zuckerberg's home and office, Manukonda "arranged to have a letter delivered" to the Facebook boss's home on January 26, according to Sheets. Apologizing for his previous behavior, Manukonda wrote, "If I failed in any sense, you can skin me out. I am ready to face any consequence if I found to be guilty."

Sheets reported that he interviewed Manukonda on January 27 and warned him that if he persisted in trying to contact Zuckerberg, the billionaire "would take legal action for his own protection." Manukonda, Sheets reported, claimed that he had been terminated from another technology company "for approaching that company's Chief Executive Officer for several months, requesting money for a different ailing relative in India." Sheets added that he contacted the security team of the second (unnamed) tech company and was told that Manukonda had, in fact, been stalking its CEO, but apparently had never worked for the firm.

Despite his promise to stop contacting Zuckerberg, Manukonda had a vase of flowers delivered to Zuckerberg's home on January 28. The gift included a note--addressed to "Mark"--thanking the Facebook CEO for his "valuable time and attention towards my problem."

Manukonda's bizarre behavior, Sheets concluded, "is cause for utmost concern by Mr. Zuckerberg and his family."

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • How you can help the family of 8-year-old boy randomly stabbed at Spokane Valley gas station

    How you can help the family of 8-year-old boy randomly stabbed at Spokane Valley gas station

    Monday, November 19 2018 9:46 PM EST2018-11-20 02:46:19 GMT

    Several locals are trying to help the family of an eight-year-old boy, who was randomly stabbed at a gas station Saturday. Rayel Von Quade said she and three others (Salem Rose Sovereign, Quincey Brooks and Dani Loup) have been in touch with the Bush family. (KHQ has reached out to the family and have not heard back.) "They're, of course, very overwhelmed and stressed out right now and she's been dealing with a lot of messages from a lot of people coming through. But she says t...

    >>

    Several locals are trying to help the family of an eight-year-old boy, who was randomly stabbed at a gas station Saturday. Rayel Von Quade said she and three others (Salem Rose Sovereign, Quincey Brooks and Dani Loup) have been in touch with the Bush family. (KHQ has reached out to the family and have not heard back.) "They're, of course, very overwhelmed and stressed out right now and she's been dealing with a lot of messages from a lot of people coming through. But she says t...

    >>
  • E-coli concerns trigger recall of nearly 100,000 pounds of ground beef

    E-coli concerns trigger recall of nearly 100,000 pounds of ground beef

    Monday, November 19 2018 1:23 PM EST2018-11-19 18:23:43 GMT

    JBS USA has recalled nearly 100,000 pounds of ground beef due to concerns about possible e-coli contamination. The products have the establishment number Est.628 and were produced on October 24th. Products that were recalled were shipped to distributors in retail locations in California, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington.  

    >>

    JBS USA has recalled nearly 100,000 pounds of ground beef due to concerns about possible e-coli contamination. The products have the establishment number Est.628 and were produced on October 24th. Products that were recalled were shipped to distributors in retail locations in California, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington.  

    >>
  • Judge bars US from enforcing Trump asylum ban

    Judge bars US from enforcing Trump asylum ban

    Tuesday, November 20 2018 2:08 AM EST2018-11-20 07:08:59 GMT

    SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A federal judge has temporarily barred the Trump administration from refusing asylum to immigrants who cross the southern border illegally.  U.S. District Judge Jon S. Tigar issued a temporary restraining order Monday after hearing arguments in San Francisco.  

    >>

    SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A federal judge has temporarily barred the Trump administration from refusing asylum to immigrants who cross the southern border illegally.  U.S. District Judge Jon S. Tigar issued a temporary restraining order Monday after hearing arguments in San Francisco.  

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/