Verizon Offering Free Calls, Texting & Multimedia Messaging To Japan
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE: Verizon Wireless wants to make it easier for customers to connect with friends and family in Japan who have been affected by the earthquake and tsunami. For a limited time (March 11-April 10), post-paid customers will receive free calling, text and multimedia messaging to Japan.
In a future effort to help provide aid to the victims of this terrible natural disaster, Verizon Wireless has implemented a mobile giving program for customers looking to contribute to relief efforts in Japan. Customers can use their mobile phones to make a $10 donation via text to the following non-profit organizations:
• ADRA Relief: text SUPPORT to 85944
• American Red Cross Relief: text REDCROSS to 90999
• Convoy of Hope: text TSUNAMI or SUNAMI to 50555
• GlobalGiving: text JAPAN to 50555
• International Medical Corps: text MED to 80888
• Mercy Corps: text MERCY to 25383
• Salvation Army: text JAPAN to 80888
• Save the Children Federation, Inc.: text JAPAN or TSUNAMI to 20222
• World Relief Corp. of National Association of Evangelicals: text WAVE to 50555
• World Vision, Inc.: text 4JAPAN or 4TSUNAMI to 20222
For more information on Verizon's mobile giving program please visit http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/03/pr2011-03-13.html.
Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>