Hillary Clinton Would Not Serve Second Term In Obama Cabinet - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Hillary Clinton Would Not Serve Second Term In Obama Cabinet

HUFFINGTONPOST.COM - Secretary of State Hillary Clinton tells CNN's Wolf Blitzer in an interview set to air on Wednesday's edition of "The Situation Room" that she would not serve a second term in President Barack Obama's cabinet.

Executive Producer of CNN's "John King USA," Michelle Jaconi, relayed the news in a tweet on Wednesday afternoon. Here's an excerpt of the interview released by the network:

Q- If the president is reelected, do you want to serve a second term as secretary of state?

No

Q- Would you like to serve as secretary of defense?

No

In the exchange that follows, Clinton also signals she has no interest in servering as president or vice president of the United States. The indication should come as no surprise. Last year, she suggested her role in the Obama administration would be her "last public position."

Clinton reiterates the same outlook to Blitzer in the interview airing tonight. "I have no intention or any idea even of running again," she says. "I'm going to do the best I can at this job for the next two years."

As for what might lie ahead for Clinton in her post-political life, she predicted last year that she'd likely "go back to advocacy work, particularly on behalf of women" after serving in the Obama administration. She added that she would conduct that work on a global scale, explaining, "If you look at what is still happening to women in many parts of the world it is tragic and terrible."

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • "My son was just gone": mother of kidnapped baby speaks out about online danger

    "My son was just gone": mother of kidnapped baby speaks out about online danger

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 12:30 AM EST2017-11-21 05:30:18 GMT
    Police say Fern Littlecalf kidnapped a babyPolice say Fern Littlecalf kidnapped a baby

    SPOKANE, Wash.- The mother of a 6-month old baby who was kidnapped as part of an elaborate online scam is speaking out, urging everyone to be careful who they meet on the internet.  Lekeisha Johnson, from Kennewick, says she thought she'd been in a relationship with a man for weeks, but then she found out that her supposed boyfriend never existed in the first place. 

    >>

    SPOKANE, Wash.- The mother of a 6-month old baby who was kidnapped as part of an elaborate online scam is speaking out, urging everyone to be careful who they meet on the internet.  Lekeisha Johnson, from Kennewick, says she thought she'd been in a relationship with a man for weeks, but then she found out that her supposed boyfriend never existed in the first place. 

    >>
  • Can you prank your mom? 'The 25 pound turkey challenge'

    Can you prank your mom? 'The 25 pound turkey challenge'

    Wednesday, December 21 2016 2:36 PM EST2016-12-21 19:36:25 GMT

    KHQ.COM - Most mothers can only hope by the time their children grow up and move out of the house, they've learned all the necessary things to be a successful adult, including the basic knowledge that a turkey must be cooked in an oven, or perhaps in a smoker... NOT in a microwave. For this reason a new prank-challenge going around on Facebook is resulting in some hilarious text conversations between mothers and their grown children.

    >>

    KHQ.COM - Most mothers can only hope by the time their children grow up and move out of the house, they've learned all the necessary things to be a successful adult, including the basic knowledge that a turkey must be cooked in an oven, or perhaps in a smoker... NOT in a microwave. For this reason a new prank-challenge going around on Facebook is resulting in some hilarious text conversations between mothers and their grown children.

    >>
  • Seattle budget includes money for safe-injection site

    Seattle budget includes money for safe-injection site

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:46 AM EST2017-11-21 16:46:49 GMT

    SEATTLE, Wash. - The Seattle City Council has passed a 2018 budget that includes $1.3 million to create what could be the nation's first authorized safe-injection site for drug users. The Seattle Times reports that the $5.6 billion budget approved Monday also increases city spending on programs that address homelessness to $63 million, a nearly 40 percent jump over four years ago. 

    >>

    SEATTLE, Wash. - The Seattle City Council has passed a 2018 budget that includes $1.3 million to create what could be the nation's first authorized safe-injection site for drug users. The Seattle Times reports that the $5.6 billion budget approved Monday also increases city spending on programs that address homelessness to $63 million, a nearly 40 percent jump over four years ago. 

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/