Summer homework battles
From Your Family TodayMore>>
- You're still sitting on the beach, but unfinished summer projects for school -- posters, reading assignments, essays -- loom large. Here's how to make the job less painful.>>You're still sitting on the beach, but unfinished summer projects for school -- posters, reading assignments, essays -- loom large. Here's how to make the job less painful.>>
- A garage sale is a great way to bring in some extra cash, clear out clutter and do some good for the environment.>>A garage sale is a great way to bring in some extra cash, clear out clutter and do some good for the environment.>>
- Follow these steps for combating bedtime bummers and put more ease into your z's.>>Follow these steps for combating bedtime bummers and put more ease into your z's.>>
- You want to dial back the holiday spending this year, but you don't want to disappoint friends and family -- especially your own kids. Here are ways to keep the spirit while sparing the cash. >>
- Empathy for others is a trait that must be learned -- and parents are the best people to teach it. Volunteering together is an excellent way to increase your child's social and emotional growth while spending quality time together.
- Halloween is the biggest night of the year for kids -- and for accidents involving kids. Here are some tips to ensure your trick-or-treaters are running to ring doorbells and not racing to the emergency room.>>
- The arguing, teasing and endless competition between your kids may drive you nuts, but a bit of sibling rivalry may actually be good for them.>>
- The morning rush hour in your home doesn't have to be so hectic. Here are solutions for simpler, saner mornings. >>
- Every year, nearly 2 million kids are treated in emergency rooms for sports-related injuries. Here's how to keep them safe.>>
- In the mood to clown around with your kids? Step right up! Grab a kazoo and some face paint, and create your own magical circus -- no tickets required!>>
Tips for avoiding back-to-school germs, illnesses
Kids and germs seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly. But, there are ways that parents can help protect their kids from the usual barrage of back-to-school illnesses, a health expert says.
Being an Uber driver is the perfect job for college students … says Uber
Uber is recruiting college kids to be drivers. The ride share company is casting itself as the “perfect part-time solution” for college students, particularly in Los Angeles, according to a recent post on Uber’s Newsroom blog.
Coping with college stress
Stress and anxiety are common among new college students, but there are ways to cope, a doctor says.
Backpack smarts from a pro
Ill-fitting backpacks may put school children at risk for muscle injuries as well as back, neck and shoulder pain, experts warn.
Early to bed, early to rise a back-to-school challenge
It's time to start getting children and teens into their school-year sleep routine, an expert says.
Separation anxiety in children going to school
Separation anxiety that presents itself in children going to school is a regular part of childhood development for many kids. However, it can be very distressing to both the child and the parents.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.