Source: USDA, adapted from Michigan Department of Community Health
1-1/3 cups cooked black beans, mashed with 1 teaspoon canola oil (Optional: Use canned vegetarian fat-free refried beans.)
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
4 corn tortillas
1/2 cup salsa, low sodium
4 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Mix beans with onion and tomatoes.
- Microwave tortillas between two sheets of slightly damp white paper towels on high for 15 seconds.
- Divide bean mixture between the tortillas.
- Fold each tortilla to enclose filling.
- Place on microwave-safe dish and spoon salsa over each burrito.
- Microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- Serve topped with yogurt and cilantro.
Makes 4 servings
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.