Source: King County Public Health
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cup low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Sauté onion, garlic, and tomatoes in oil until tender.
- Add Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt to the beaten eggs and add to onion mixture.
- Stir in spinach and cheese.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and turn heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes and check for firmness.
- Cut into wedges with spatula and serve.
Makes 4 servings
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.