Shots Fired In Area Of Manhunt For Shooting Suspect - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

NBC: Police Kill Calif. Workplace Killing Suspect

Photo courtesy MSNBC Photo courtesy MSNBC

MSNBC.COM - The suspect in a fatal shooting at a California quarry has been shot and killed after a massive manhunt, KNTV reported Thursday.

Shareef Allman, believed to be the gunman who fired shots at a meeting at a cement plant on Wednesday, was killed in Santa Clara, KNTV said. Sheriff's deputies reported that multiple shots had been fired.

There were no other immediate details made available.

The shootings and subsequent manhunt had stunned Allman's friends. They described him as a devoted single father of two, a strong Christian and the author of a novel about the evils of domestic violence.

The portrait of Allman, 47, being painted by those who know him diverged strongly from the man authorities suspect in the fatal shooting of three co-workers at a cement plant on Wednesday. Seven others were also injured in the attack, some critically, authorities said.

"If you live in San Jose, you could not help but know him. He had a great smile, and he lit up the room. He was such a peaceful man," said Rev. Jeff Moore of the NAACP's San Jose-Silicon Valley chapter. "It's not making any sense to us, and it hurts us to the core. We want to do whatever we can to bring him home."

Before Allman was caught, his friends pleaded for him to turn himself in while sounding mystified that the man they knew could resort to such brutal behavior.

Allman became upset during a safety meeting at Permanente Quarry, said Santa Clara County sheriff's Lt. Rick Sung. Allman left the meeting and returned with a handgun and rifle and started shooting people , Sung said. About 15 workers were at the meeting.

Sheriff Laurie Smith released the names of the dead Wednesday evening as Manuel Pinon, 48, of Newman, Calif., and John Vallejos, 51 and Mark Munoz, 59, both of San Jose.

Six others at the quarry were wounded and taken to hospitals, where some remained in critical condition, Smith said. >>>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Disturbing videos on YouTube Kid's app are tricking your kids, and could be hurting them

    Disturbing videos on YouTube Kid's app are tricking your kids, and could be hurting them

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 10:31 PM EST2017-11-22 03:31:12 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash.- Google is cracking down on disturbing cartoons that appear on the YouTube Kid's App. Google owns YouTube, and says it's rolling out new policies in the coming weeks to make sure the cartoons, which appear to be made for kids but have very inappropriate adult-themes, are taken down. 

    >>

    SPOKANE, Wash.- Google is cracking down on disturbing cartoons that appear on the YouTube Kid's App. Google owns YouTube, and says it's rolling out new policies in the coming weeks to make sure the cartoons, which appear to be made for kids but have very inappropriate adult-themes, are taken down. 

    >>
  • Spokane man told to take down American and U.S. Air Force Flag

    Spokane man told to take down American and U.S. Air Force Flag

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 9:35 PM EST2017-11-22 02:35:59 GMT

    Many of us have them, others see them waving from businesses, flagpoles, or homes. We’re talking about the American Flag. On Monday, a Spokane man was told to take his down, along with a United States Air Force flag. The flags were hanging above Nicholas Magee’s balcony at the Deer Run Apartments in North Spokane. “It’s unbelievable that they would serve me that and tell me to tear down my uncles flag,” said Magee. “I would love to fly 

    >>

    Many of us have them, others see them waving from businesses, flagpoles, or homes. We’re talking about the American Flag. On Monday, a Spokane man was told to take his down, along with a United States Air Force flag. The flags were hanging above Nicholas Magee’s balcony at the Deer Run Apartments in North Spokane. “It’s unbelievable that they would serve me that and tell me to tear down my uncles flag,” said Magee. “I would love to fly 

    >>
  • Woman raises more than $13K for charitable homeless man

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 6:28 PM EST2017-11-21 23:28:37 GMT

    PHILADELPHIA - An online campaign has raised more than $13,000 for a homeless man who used his last $20 to fill up the gas tank of a stranded motorist outside Philadelphia.

    >>

    PHILADELPHIA - An online campaign has raised more than $13,000 for a homeless man who used his last $20 to fill up the gas tank of a stranded motorist outside Philadelphia. The Gofundme.com campaign was started Nov. 10 by 27-year-old Kate McClure after she said she ran out of gas on Interstate-95 and a homeless man named Johnny Bobbitt Jr. offered to walk a few blocks to buy her some. 

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/