WSU Student Hospitalized After Clothes Catch Fire - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

WSU Student Hospitalized After Clothes Catch Fire

SPOKESMAN.COM - A Washington State University student is being treated at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle after his clothes accidentally caught fire on Tuesday evening.

The accident occurred about 5:30 p.m. in Perham Hall dormitory, said Lt. Steve Hansen of the Pullman Fire Department.

The student was taken directly to Pullman-Moscow Airport and then airlifted to Seattle. Hansen said the student is expected to recover.

The cause of the fire was not immediately determined, Hansen said, adding that smoking is not allowed inside of residence halls. The accident was under investigation.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Can you prank your mom? 'The 25 pound turkey challenge'

    Can you prank your mom? 'The 25 pound turkey challenge'

    Wednesday, December 21 2016 2:36 PM EST2016-12-21 19:36:25 GMT

    KHQ.COM - Most mothers can only hope by the time their children grow up and move out of the house, they've learned all the necessary things to be a successful adult, including the basic knowledge that a turkey must be cooked in an oven, or perhaps in a smoker... NOT in a microwave. For this reason a new prank-challenge going around on Facebook is resulting in some hilarious text conversations between mothers and their grown children.

    >>

    KHQ.COM - Most mothers can only hope by the time their children grow up and move out of the house, they've learned all the necessary things to be a successful adult, including the basic knowledge that a turkey must be cooked in an oven, or perhaps in a smoker... NOT in a microwave. For this reason a new prank-challenge going around on Facebook is resulting in some hilarious text conversations between mothers and their grown children.

    >>
  • UPDATE: Firefighters say fire burning near Sacred Heart is suspicious

    UPDATE: Firefighters say fire burning near Sacred Heart is suspicious

    Saturday, November 17 2018 3:04 AM EST2018-11-17 08:04:06 GMT

    Spokane firefighters are on the scene of a fire at a five-story garage that's under construction near Sacred Heart on the South Hill.

    >>

    Spokane firefighters are on the scene of a fire at a five-story garage that's under construction near Sacred Heart on the South Hill.

    >>
  • Man faces DUI, hit and run charges for crash that flipped semi in Spokane Valley

    Man faces DUI, hit and run charges for crash that flipped semi in Spokane Valley

    Saturday, November 17 2018 1:46 PM EST2018-11-17 18:46:53 GMT

    All eastbound I-90 lanes near Evergreen in Spokane Valley were closed this morning after a semi flipped onto its side. It started with an erratic driver in a black pickup truck slamming into a passenger car. 

    >>

    All eastbound I-90 lanes near Evergreen in Spokane Valley were closed this morning after a semi flipped onto its side. It started with an erratic driver in a black pickup truck slamming into a passenger car. 

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/