WSU Freshman: 'I Was Playing With Fire When I Lit Up' - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

WSU Freshman: 'I Was Playing With Fire When I Lit Up' WARNING: Graphic Photo Inside

KENNEWICK, Wash. (AP) - A Washington State University freshman says he was playing with fire in his dorm room when he set rubbing alcohol on fire and spilled it on his clothes.

Randy Fishman was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle after the Nov. 1 accident and spent three nights in the burn ward.

The 18-year-old told the Tri-City Herald (http://bit.ly/uevcEy) he spent some time recovering at home at Finley and was able to return this week to Pullman.

Fishman says he was bored when he held a flame to a jar of rubbing alcohol to watch it boil. The fumes ignited and he dropped the jar, causing second- and third-degree burns to his left hand, legs and stomach.

      
      (Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)
   

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • New York State illegally moving convicted sex offenders from prisons into group homes with the developmentally disabled

    New York State illegally moving convicted sex offenders from prisons into group homes with the developmentally disabled

    Thursday, September 20 2018 9:14 AM EDT2018-09-20 13:14:31 GMT
    Three State agencies are involved in placing convicted sex offenders in group homes or hiding this information from the families and the general public>>
    Three State agencies are involved in placing convicted sex offenders in group homes or hiding this information from the families and the general public>>
  • A bag for a bag: students tackle social stigma to fight food insecurity

    A bag for a bag: students tackle social stigma to fight food insecurity

    Tuesday, September 25 2018 2:15 AM EDT2018-09-25 06:15:59 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - A problem within a solution – it’s a phrase so oxymoronic that it almost doesn’t make sense, but it’s crystal clear for a specific group of students at Lewis and Clark High School.

    >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. - A problem within a solution – it’s a phrase so oxymoronic that it almost doesn’t make sense, but it’s crystal clear for a specific group of students at Lewis and Clark High School.

    >>
  • VIDEO: Stack of Sandpoint newspapers lit on fire in latest anonymous attack targeting writer

    VIDEO: Stack of Sandpoint newspapers lit on fire in latest anonymous attack targeting writer

    Monday, September 24 2018 9:46 PM EDT2018-09-25 01:46:53 GMT

    SANDPOINT, Idaho. First -  it was a robocall, now a threat, targetting a Sandpoint newspaper and one of its writers, has surfaced on YouTube. "Ben Olson is a cancer on wholesome North Idaho," the video states. "And cancers must be burned out." The 56-second video clip shows a picture of Co-owner and Publisher of the Sandpoint Reader, Ben Olson, next to a stack of the newspaper he writes for. The papers are doused in a clear liquid then lit on fire. 

    >>

    SANDPOINT, Idaho. First -  it was a robocall, now a threat, targetting a Sandpoint newspaper and one of its writers, has surfaced on YouTube. "Ben Olson is a cancer on wholesome North Idaho," the video states. "And cancers must be burned out." The 56-second video clip shows a picture of Co-owner and Publisher of the Sandpoint Reader, Ben Olson, next to a stack of the newspaper he writes for. The papers are doused in a clear liquid then lit on fire. 

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/