UPDATE: Marijuana Grow Operation Causes Apartment Fire - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

UPDATE: Marijuana Grow Operation Causes Apartment Fire

UPDATE: The cause of the fire was caused by a marijuana growing operation inside one of the units.


SPOKANE, Wash. - Right now eight people are displaced after an early morning apartment fire in west central Spokane. The fire call came in about 4:45 Friday morning as a full response structure fire at 1001 N. Elm. 

Multiple crews worked the exterior of the building as first responders arrived to smoke and visible flames. 

Fire crews quickly knocked down the fire and got all of the occupants out safely. 

Assistant Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer says the home may have had knob and tube electrical wiring, which is used in many older homes. He said it's a good reminder if you have that type of wiring to get inspected and possibly updated.