UPDATE: House Where 5 Died In Fire Torn Down - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

UPDATE: House Where 5 Died In Fire Torn Down

STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) - A fire official says a Connecticut house where five people died in a Christmas morning fire has been torn down.

Stamford fire chief Antonio Conte said Monday that the building department ordered the $1.7 million house razed.

The home's owner, advertising executive Madonna Badger, and her male acquaintance escaped from the fire. Conte says interviews with them will be finished Monday.

Police say Badger's three daughters, a 10-year-old and 7-year-old twins, and her parents, who were visiting for the holiday, died in the blaze.

A spokeswoman for Saks Fifth Avenue confirmed in a statement that the father, Lomer Johnson, had worked as a Santa this year at its flagship store in Manhattan. Conte had no details on the investigation.
      

      
      (Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)
   

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Police confirm body of missing Spokane man Ian Powers found in bay; Death ruled accidental

    Police confirm body of missing Spokane man Ian Powers found in bay; Death ruled accidental

    Tuesday, November 20 2018 11:35 AM EST2018-11-20 16:35:21 GMT

    SAN FRANCISCO - The Santa Clara Police Department has confirmed the body of 32-year-old Ian Powers from Spokane was found in the water near Alviso Marina on Saturday. According to the department, the Coroner's Office has determined that the cause of death was salt water drowning. The manner of death has been ruled an accident. 

    >>

    SAN FRANCISCO - The Santa Clara Police Department has confirmed the body of 32-year-old Ian Powers from Spokane was found in the water near Alviso Marina on Saturday. According to the department, the Coroner's Office has determined that the cause of death was salt water drowning. The manner of death has been ruled an accident. 

    >>
  • Citing E. coli outbreak, US officials say don't eat romaine

    Citing E. coli outbreak, US officials say don't eat romaine

    Tuesday, November 20 2018 3:34 PM EST2018-11-20 20:34:25 GMT

    NEW YORK - U.S. health officials are telling people to avoid eating romaine lettuce because of an E. coli outbreak that has sickened 32 people in 11 states. The Food and Drug Administration says it's working with officials in Canada, where people are also being warned to stay away from romaine lettuce.

    >>

    NEW YORK - U.S. health officials are telling people to avoid eating romaine lettuce because of an E. coli outbreak that has sickened 32 people in 11 states. The Food and Drug Administration says it's working with officials in Canada, where people are also being warned to stay away from romaine lettuce.

    >>
  • How you can help the family of 8-year-old boy randomly stabbed at Spokane Valley gas station

    How you can help the family of 8-year-old boy randomly stabbed at Spokane Valley gas station

    Monday, November 19 2018 9:46 PM EST2018-11-20 02:46:19 GMT

    Several locals are trying to help the family of an eight-year-old boy, who was randomly stabbed at a gas station Saturday. Rayel Von Quade said she and three others (Salem Rose Sovereign, Quincey Brooks and Dani Loup) have been in touch with the Bush family. (KHQ has reached out to the family and have not heard back.) "They're, of course, very overwhelmed and stressed out right now and she's been dealing with a lot of messages from a lot of people coming through. But she says t...

    >>

    Several locals are trying to help the family of an eight-year-old boy, who was randomly stabbed at a gas station Saturday. Rayel Von Quade said she and three others (Salem Rose Sovereign, Quincey Brooks and Dani Loup) have been in touch with the Bush family. (KHQ has reached out to the family and have not heard back.) "They're, of course, very overwhelmed and stressed out right now and she's been dealing with a lot of messages from a lot of people coming through. But she says t...

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/