School Bus Radiator Mishap Burns 4 Washington State School Kids - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

School Bus Radiator Mishap Burns 4 Washington State School Kids

MUKILTEO, Wash. (AP) - A Mukilteo Wash., School District spokesman says four third-graders suffered minor leg burns when a school bus radiator malfunctioned, sending steam through the floor of the bus.

Spokesman Andy Muntz said the four were taken to a hospital for treatment Monday afternoon. No serious injuries were reported.

They were part of a Fairmount Elementary School class returning after a field trip. Teachers and parents were also on the bus. The spokesman says steam blasted through the floor when the radiator blew out on the rear-engine bus. The burned students were sitting above the engine.

Another bus picked up the remaining students, teachers and parents.

Mukilteo is south of Everett.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • DEVELOPING: Hammer Kills Woman In N. Idaho; 3 Others Hurt

    DEVELOPING: Hammer Kills Woman In N. Idaho; 3 Others Hurt

    BAYVIEW, Idaho - A woman is dead and two others remain in serious condition after a man armed with a hammer attacked their family in their Bayview home Sunday afternoon.>>
    BAYVIEW, Idaho - A woman is dead and two others remain in serious condition after a man armed with a hammer attacked their family in their Bayview home Sunday afternoon.>>
  • One killed, neighbors lose everything in Spokane Valley condo fire

    One killed, neighbors lose everything in Spokane Valley condo fire

    Tuesday, August 21 2018 2:10 AM EDT2018-08-21 06:10:55 GMT

    SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash.- Spokane Valley firefighters say a condo fire that happened Sunday night killed one person and destroyed at least nine units at the Central Park Condominiums off of 6th Avenue. Billowing smoke and flames was all anyone could see. "It's hard and it all happened so sudden. Within two minutes, everything gets taken away from you. 

    >>

    SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash.- Spokane Valley firefighters say a condo fire that happened Sunday night killed one person and destroyed at least nine units at the Central Park Condominiums off of 6th Avenue. Billowing smoke and flames was all anyone could see. "It's hard and it all happened so sudden. Within two minutes, everything gets taken away from you. 

    >>
  • Exposed handlebar grip kills 6-year-old Pullman boy in bicycle crash

    Exposed handlebar grip kills 6-year-old Pullman boy in bicycle crash

    Wednesday, August 15 2018 2:13 AM EDT2018-08-15 06:13:21 GMT

    PULLMAN, Wash. - Six-year-old Denny Curran should be enjoying his last few days of summer before first grade. He should be teasing his brother, splashing in the pool, giving his parents a hard time about vegetables. Instead, Denny is dead, the victim of a horrific, freak bicycle accident that could happen to your child too. "Denny was an extraordinary child," his father Keith Curran told KHQ.

    >>

    PULLMAN, Wash. - Six-year-old Denny Curran should be enjoying his last few days of summer before first grade. He should be teasing his brother, splashing in the pool, giving his parents a hard time about vegetables. Instead, Denny is dead, the victim of a horrific, freak bicycle accident that could happen to your child too. "Denny was an extraordinary child," his father Keith Curran told KHQ.

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/