FIRST ON KHQ: Fire Rips Through Home In Indian Trail Area - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

FIRST ON KHQ: Fire Rips Through Home In Indian Trail Area

SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Firefighters were called to a structure fire Sunday morning in the Indian Trail area.

When crews arrived shortly after 6:00AM, they found the house in the 10300 block of Woodridge Dr. completely engulfed in flames. Firefighters began their attack and were able to put out the fire, but the home is severely damaged, if not completely destroyed. The home sits on a hill surrounded by trees, but firefighters were able to prevent the fire from spreading into the woods.

Fire officials on scene say the blaze appears to have started on the deck of the home and spread to inside, though an exact cause has yet to be determined.

We are told the home was unoccupied at the time and there are no injuries to report.

You can read the press release below:

PRESS RELEASE:

On Sunday July 8, 2012 at 05:58 AM, 6 Companies of Spokane Firefighters, 1 Senior Ladder, 1 Heavy Rescue, 4 Engines under the direction of Battalion Chiefs Jones and Haworth, responded to a Structure Fire at 10310 North Woodridge Drive in Spokane's Indian Trail neighborhood. Firefighters from the neighborhood Fire Station arrived within 4-minutes to find heavy fire showing through the roof of a single family home which was built on a hillside and surrounded by a heavy wildland interface area.

The incident was immediately upgraded to a working fire adding a second Senior Ladder Company and AMR Ambulance. Finding heavy fire in the home's ceilings and roof; and endangering the close wildland interface, initial arriving companies were forced to fight the fire from the exterior with large hose streams until additional personnel arrived and the fire was knocked down to allow entry to the residence's interior. Despite the intense flames reaching skyward and threatening adjacent large trees, firefighters worked skillfully to confine the blaze to the structure of fire origin, preventing it from consuming any more than one-third of the structure and limited wildland area.

The well coordinated effort of firefighters confined flames to the building's common attic, extinguishing the blaze in just 2 hours. There were no injuries reported.

Cause:
The cause of the fire is under active investigation by the Fire Department's SIU.

Damage:
The residence was not occupied and listed for sale. Damage to the structure is significant and loss is currently being estimated and was not available at the time of this release.

# Firefighters Responding: 23

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Fire Marshal: Fireplace sparked fatal fire at Idaho cabin

    Fire Marshal: Fireplace sparked fatal fire at Idaho cabin

    Saturday, September 23 2017 2:09 AM EDT2017-09-23 06:09:41 GMT
    Fire Marshal: Fireplace sparked fatal fire at Idaho cabinFire Marshal: Fireplace sparked fatal fire at Idaho cabin

    BOISE, Idaho (AP) - The Idaho state fire marshal says an explosion in a fireplace caused a fire that consumed a house and killed four people. Knute Sandahl said Thursday the explosion, which occurred June 30 at Tamarack Resort, was ruled accidental. Sandahl says the fireplace on the main floor of the home was converted from propane-fueled to wood-burning in 2015. During the conversion to wood, the propane line that fed the fireplace was 

    >>

    BOISE, Idaho (AP) - The Idaho state fire marshal says an explosion in a fireplace caused a fire that consumed a house and killed four people. Knute Sandahl said Thursday the explosion, which occurred June 30 at Tamarack Resort, was ruled accidental. Sandahl says the fireplace on the main floor of the home was converted from propane-fueled to wood-burning in 2015. During the conversion to wood, the propane line that fed the fireplace was 

    >>
  • Ghost tours will continue at closed Colfax hospital

    Ghost tours will continue at closed Colfax hospital

    Friday, September 22 2017 5:19 PM EDT2017-09-22 21:19:47 GMT

    COLFAX, Wash. (AP) - It looks like the tours and ghost hunts will continue at the haunted hospital in the town of Colfax. A structural engineer from Spokane has told the city's Downtown Association that the building is structurally sound, opening the door for one more year of tours at St. Ignatius Hospital. The Lewiston Tribune reports the tours raised more than $30,000 from 2015-16 for the Colfax Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Association. 

    >>

    COLFAX, Wash. (AP) - It looks like the tours and ghost hunts will continue at the haunted hospital in the town of Colfax. A structural engineer from Spokane has told the city's Downtown Association that the building is structurally sound, opening the door for one more year of tours at St. Ignatius Hospital. The Lewiston Tribune reports the tours raised more than $30,000 from 2015-16 for the Colfax Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Association. 

    >>
  • Reports say Kylie Jenner is pregnant with first child

    Reports say Kylie Jenner is pregnant with first child

    Friday, September 22 2017 6:03 PM EDT2017-09-22 22:03:36 GMT

    LOS ANGELES, Calif. (AP) - Is there going to be another addition to the Jenner-Kardashian clan? Several media outlets, including TMZ and People, are reporting Friday that 20-year-old Kylie Jenner, the youngest member of the reality show family, is expecting a child with her boyfriend Travis Scott. Reps did not confirm the pregnancy, however, and did not immediately respond to The Associated Press' request for comment. (Copyright 2017 The Associated Press

    >>

    LOS ANGELES, Calif. (AP) - Is there going to be another addition to the Jenner-Kardashian clan? Several media outlets, including TMZ and People, are reporting Friday that 20-year-old Kylie Jenner, the youngest member of the reality show family, is expecting a child with her boyfriend Travis Scott. Reps did not confirm the pregnancy, however, and did not immediately respond to The Associated Press' request for comment. (Copyright 2017 The Associated Press

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/