OUCH: BBQ Brush Bristle Removed From Man's Intestine - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

OUCH: BBQ Brush Bristle Removed From Man's Intestine

TACOMA, Wash. (AP) - A Tacoma man says he needed emergency surgery after accidentally eating a steel bristle from a grill brush he used during a barbeque.
    
KING 5 reports that Adam Wojtanowicz's abdominal pain would not go away after taking antibiotics and medication so he went to the hospital Sunday. Doctors found a metal bristle and performed emergency surgery.
    
Adam says he recently hosted a barbecue at his house, and the steel bristle from his grill brush likely fell on to his steak.  He says he probably swallowed it without knowing.
    
The Centers for Disease Control says it knows of at least six people who have recently suffered similar injuries from brush bristles.  It does not blame a particular brand or type of brush.
    
Wojtanowicz is expected to make a full recovery.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Steelers will stay in locker room during National Anthem in game against Chicago

    Steelers will stay in locker room during National Anthem in game against Chicago

    Sunday, September 24 2017 12:26 PM EDT2017-09-24 16:26:04 GMT

    PITTSBURGH - In the wake of President Donald Trump's remarks on Friday, many football players, teams, and other athletes have issued statements condemning the president. On Sunday several players have taken a knee during the National Anthem in response to Trump's statement that players who kneel should be fired.

    >>

    PITTSBURGH - In the wake of President Donald Trump's remarks on Friday, many football players, teams, and other athletes have issued statements condemning the president. On Sunday several players have taken a knee during the National Anthem in response to Trump's statement that players who kneel should be fired.

    >>
  • Hundreds gather to remember student killed in Freeman shooting

    Hundreds gather to remember student killed in Freeman shooting

    Saturday, September 23 2017 9:44 PM EDT2017-09-24 01:44:28 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - On Saturday afternoon hundreds of people made their way to University High School to pay their respects and remember Sam Strahan, the 15-year-old student who was killed in a shooting at Freeman High School on September 13. The Spokane community came together to say their final goodbyes to Sam. 

    >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. - On Saturday afternoon hundreds of people made their way to University High School to pay their respects and remember Sam Strahan, the 15-year-old student who was killed in a shooting at Freeman High School on September 13. The Spokane community came together to say their final goodbyes to Sam. 

    >>
  • Colorado hikers rescue dog stuck on mountain for 6 weeks

    Colorado hikers rescue dog stuck on mountain for 6 weeks

    Saturday, September 23 2017 7:56 PM EDT2017-09-23 23:56:12 GMT

    PARK COUNTY, Colo. - Mountain climbers came together on social media to help rescue a dog stuck atop a 14,177-foot mountain in Colorado. A group dedicated to climbing so-called 14ers (mountains with elevations of at least 14,000 feet) worked together to find a dog stranded on Mt. Bross.

    >>

    PARK COUNTY, Colo. - Mountain climbers came together on social media to help rescue a dog stuck atop a 14,177-foot mountain in Colorado. A group dedicated to climbing so-called 14ers (mountains with elevations of at least 14,000 feet) worked together to find a dog stranded on Mt. Bross.

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/