OUCH: BBQ Brush Bristle Removed From Man's Intestine - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

OUCH: BBQ Brush Bristle Removed From Man's Intestine

TACOMA, Wash. (AP) - A Tacoma man says he needed emergency surgery after accidentally eating a steel bristle from a grill brush he used during a barbeque.
    
KING 5 reports that Adam Wojtanowicz's abdominal pain would not go away after taking antibiotics and medication so he went to the hospital Sunday. Doctors found a metal bristle and performed emergency surgery.
    
Adam says he recently hosted a barbecue at his house, and the steel bristle from his grill brush likely fell on to his steak.  He says he probably swallowed it without knowing.
    
The Centers for Disease Control says it knows of at least six people who have recently suffered similar injuries from brush bristles.  It does not blame a particular brand or type of brush.
    
Wojtanowicz is expected to make a full recovery.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Idaho teen recovering after being hit by a car

    Idaho teen recovering after being hit by a car

    Monday, November 20 2017 12:03 AM EST2017-11-20 05:03:01 GMT

    KOOTENAI COUNTY, Idaho - A 13-year-old boy is recovering after he was hit by a car on Seltice Way near State Line. The victim said moments after he was hit, the driver fled the scene. The boy's dad told KHQ's Hayley Guenthner that Saturday night around 9:00, his son went to grab a snack from the gas station about a block from their home. He said the car veered off the road and into the parking lot where his son was. When a woman came to 

    >>

    KOOTENAI COUNTY, Idaho - A 13-year-old boy is recovering after he was hit by a car on Seltice Way near State Line. The victim said moments after he was hit, the driver fled the scene. The boy's dad told KHQ's Hayley Guenthner that Saturday night around 9:00, his son went to grab a snack from the gas station about a block from their home. He said the car veered off the road and into the parking lot where his son was. When a woman came to 

    >>
  • Spokane's historic Ice Storm is now 21 years old

    Spokane's historic Ice Storm is now 21 years old

    Sunday, November 19 2017 4:56 PM EST2017-11-19 21:56:04 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Friday marked two years since windstorm 2015 knocked down trees, caused massive damage and left thousands of people without power in and around Spokane. Just a few days later marks another historic weather-related anniversary in the region: Ice Storm 1996.

    >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Friday marked two years since windstorm 2015 knocked down trees, caused massive damage and left thousands of people without power in and around Spokane. Just a few days later marks another historic weather-related anniversary in the region: Ice Storm 1996.

    >>
  • Station: Video shows nurses laughing as 89-year-old dies

    Station: Video shows nurses laughing as 89-year-old dies

    Sunday, November 19 2017 1:30 PM EST2017-11-19 18:30:54 GMT

    ATLANTA (AP) - Two nurses lost their licenses after a television station persuaded courts to unseal a video secretly recorded by the family of a man who died in their care.    The video shows the World War II veteran repeatedly calling for help, saying he can't breathe. It also shows the nurses failing to take life-saving measures, and laughing as they try to start an oxygen machine.

    >>

    ATLANTA (AP) - Two nurses lost their licenses after a television station persuaded courts to unseal a video secretly recorded by the family of a man who died in their care.    The video shows the World War II veteran repeatedly calling for help, saying he can't breathe. It also shows the nurses failing to take life-saving measures, and laughing as they try to start an oxygen machine.

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/