July 23, 2012 -
TRI-CITIES, Wash. - For the Water Follies Boat Races coming up this Saturday and Sunday, Ben Franklin Transit will run from the Knight St Transit Center in Richland and the Huntington Transit Center in Kennewick.
Service will run on the hour, every hour from each transit center to the park from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon.
After 12:00 noon, a small bus will run hourly out of the park at 12:00 noon, 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM reaching:
- Knight Street Transit Center, Richland arriving at 12:15, 1:15 and 2:15 then on to
- Huntington Transit Center, Kennewick arriving at about 12:30, 1:30 and 2:30 then
- Returning to the park at about 12:45, 1:45 and 2:45
The schedule is approximate and will vary due to traffic congestion. 15 minutes after the final event has ended all of the buses will begin leaving the park; returning to the Knight St Transit Center (Richland) and the Huntington Transit Center (Kennewick.)
Dial-A-Ride service will also be available.
Rides must be booked by noon on Friday for Saturday and Sunday. For reservations call 735-0160
The fares each way will be:
- $1.50 for all ages and all DAR trips
- (children under 5 ride free and must be accompanied by an adult)
- $4.00 Family (up to 5 people)
- $.75 for seniors and disabled with a BFT I.D. card
- Freedom Passes accepted