Wenatchee Man Sentenced For Live Transmissions Of Sexually Expli - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Wenatchee Man Sentenced For Live Transmissions Of Sexually Explicit Images Of 6-Year-Old Over Internet

Department Of Justice Press Release:

SPOKANE, Wash. – Michael C. Ormsby, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Washington, announced that Scott J. Martin, age 48, of Wenatchee, Washington, has been sentenced to a 15 term of imprisonment for the Production of Child Pornography/Use of a Child to Transmit Live Images of Abuse.

Upon release from custody, Martin will be under court supervision for an additional 15 years. Martin previously pleaded guilty in Chelan County Superior Court to state child sexual abuse charges stemming from this investigation.

On August 12, 2010, Special Agents with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) /
Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), along with officers from the Wenatchee Police
Department, executed a federal search warrant at Scott J. Martin's residence in Wenatchee, Washington. The search warrant was obtained in response to evidence seized in North Dakota showing that Martin had been transmitting sexually explicit movies of a child, live via a web cam, to an internet group connected with the production and live transmission of images involving child sexual abuse and exploitation.

The Special Agents in this case identified the child-victim in Martin's transmissions and were able to remove the six-year-old child from any further contact with him. The Special Agents interviewed Martin who confessed to transmitting the live sexually explicit images of the victim and to being a member of the internet group that encouraged the live production of child
pornography.

Michael C. Ormsby stated, "Law enforcement officers in the Eastern District of
Washington are committed to investigating and uncovering child pornography crimes and this Office remains committed to prosecuting and seeking appropriate punishment for such
crimes. This case was particularly troubling given the victim's tender age and the use of
live transmissions over the internet."

This case was prosecuted as part of the Project Safe Childhood initiative. In February
2006, the United States Department of Justice created Project Safe Childhood, a
nationwide initiative designed to protect children from online exploitation and abuse.

Led by the United States Attorneys' Offices, Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state,
and local resources to better locate, apprehend, and prosecute individuals who exploit

children via the Internet, as well as identify and rescue victims.

For more information about Project Safe Childhood, please visit www.projectsafechildhood.gov. To report these crimes, call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's hotline at
1-800-843-5678.

This case was investigated by the ICE/HSI in partnership with the Wenatchee Police Department. The case was prosecuted by Stephanie A. Van Marter, Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Washington.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • How you can help the family of 8-year-old boy randomly stabbed at Spokane Valley gas station

    How you can help the family of 8-year-old boy randomly stabbed at Spokane Valley gas station

    Monday, November 19 2018 9:46 PM EST2018-11-20 02:46:19 GMT

    Several locals are trying to help the family of an eight-year-old boy, who was randomly stabbed at a gas station Saturday. Rayel Von Quade said she and three others (Salem Rose Sovereign, Quincey Brooks and Dani Loup) have been in touch with the Bush family. (KHQ has reached out to the family and have not heard back.) "They're, of course, very overwhelmed and stressed out right now and she's been dealing with a lot of messages from a lot of people coming through. But she says t...

    >>

    Several locals are trying to help the family of an eight-year-old boy, who was randomly stabbed at a gas station Saturday. Rayel Von Quade said she and three others (Salem Rose Sovereign, Quincey Brooks and Dani Loup) have been in touch with the Bush family. (KHQ has reached out to the family and have not heard back.) "They're, of course, very overwhelmed and stressed out right now and she's been dealing with a lot of messages from a lot of people coming through. But she says t...

    >>
  • E-coli concerns trigger recall of nearly 100,000 pounds of ground beef

    E-coli concerns trigger recall of nearly 100,000 pounds of ground beef

    Monday, November 19 2018 1:23 PM EST2018-11-19 18:23:43 GMT

    JBS USA has recalled nearly 100,000 pounds of ground beef due to concerns about possible e-coli contamination. The products have the establishment number Est.628 and were produced on October 24th. Products that were recalled were shipped to distributors in retail locations in California, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington.  

    >>

    JBS USA has recalled nearly 100,000 pounds of ground beef due to concerns about possible e-coli contamination. The products have the establishment number Est.628 and were produced on October 24th. Products that were recalled were shipped to distributors in retail locations in California, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington.  

    >>
  • Judge bars US from enforcing Trump asylum ban

    Judge bars US from enforcing Trump asylum ban

    Tuesday, November 20 2018 2:08 AM EST2018-11-20 07:08:59 GMT

    SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A federal judge has temporarily barred the Trump administration from refusing asylum to immigrants who cross the southern border illegally.  U.S. District Judge Jon S. Tigar issued a temporary restraining order Monday after hearing arguments in San Francisco.  

    >>

    SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A federal judge has temporarily barred the Trump administration from refusing asylum to immigrants who cross the southern border illegally.  U.S. District Judge Jon S. Tigar issued a temporary restraining order Monday after hearing arguments in San Francisco.  

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/