Former Indian Mike Olt Successful in Debut With Texas Rangers
Also on the Web
- The New York Yankees returned to the playoffs after a one-year absence, clinching no worse the a wild card with a 5-1 win over the Toronto Blue Jays on Saturday behind Greg Bird's three-run homer.>>
- Puerto Rican major league players look for ways to help with recovery from Hurricane Maria while anxiously awaiting word from family and friends back home.>>
- Bruce Maxwell of the Oakland Athletics has become the first major league baseball player to kneel during the national anthem.>>
- Mets ace Noah Syndergaard tossed one scoreless inning against Washington, throwing just five pitches in his first major league game since partially tearing his right lat muscle on April 30.>>
- Travis Shaw hit a game-winning two-run homer with one out in the 10th inning off All-Star closer Wade Davis, lifting the Milwaukee Brewers to a 4-3 win over the Chicago Cubs.>>
- Detroit Tigers reliever Alex Wilson broke his right fibula when hit by a 103.8 mph line drive off the bat of Minnesota's Joe Mauer.>>
Mariners fall to Indians 11-4
The Mariners began the day five games behind Minnesota for the second AL wild card.
Nelson Cruz hits game-ending homer to lift Mariners past Indians
Nelson Cruz hit a game-ending two-run homer in the ninth inning, lifting the Seattle Mariners over the Cleveland Indians 3-1 on Friday night.
Smith’s three-point night leads chiefs to season-opening victory
Defenseman Ty Smith kicked off his NHL draft year with a three-point night, helping Head Coach Dan Lambert earn his first win behind the Spokane bench, as the Chiefs earned a 4-2 win in Prince George.
Mariners lose 6th straight, fall 5.0 GB in AL Wild Card race
The Mariners have lost six straight games and are five back in the wild-card chase with nine games remaining.
Seahawks look to get offense rolling against Titans
The Seahawks' offense has struggled through the first two games of the season, ranking 28th in the league in scoring (10.5 ppg). It took Seattle over 112 minutes to score their first touchdown of the season.
Mariners drop 5th straight, falling to Rangers 8-6
Seattle, which trailed 7-1 early, pulled to 8-5 on Robinson Cano's two-run single in the seventh but then left the bases loaded. The Mariners made it 8-6 in the eighth on consecutive doubles by Mike Zunino and Ben Gamel.
Spokane IndiansSpokane IndiansMore>>
Vancouver started the scoring in the first inning. After reaching base with two outs on a walk, Logan Warmoth advanced to second on a walk by Kacy Clemens and then scored on a single by Riley Adams.>>
In the bottom of the ninth, Spokane saw its comeback attempt come up short after Miguel Aparicio hit an RBI single, driving in Pedro Gonzalez to get within one.>>
Due to the current air quality conditions and forecast, the Spokane Indians and the Northwest League have postponed tonight's game scheduled at Avista Stadium. Game one will be moved to Vancouver and is scheduled for Wednesday, September 6th at 7:05 PM.>>
Starting pitcher Tyler Phillips provided the tricks by striking out a dozen AquaSox, and the Indians got a much needed treat with a 3-2 win in front of 5,151 fans. Spokane's win over Everett moves them one step closer to winning the NWL North Division for the second half of the season.>>
Ronald Rosario hit an RBI single in the top of the 12th inning to lead the Everett AquaSox to a 5-4 win over the Spokane Indians on Friday.>>
Matt Whatley hit a three-run home run and had four hits, driving in five as the Spokane Indians beat the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes 10-5 on Wednesday. With the victory, the Indians swept the five-game series.>>
Joe Barlow (6-1) got the win in relief while Tyler Schimpf (0-2) took the loss in the Northwest League game. Joseph Kuzia pitched two scoreless innings for his fifth save of the season.>>
Luis Lopez gave up three runs in three innings and recorded his first save of the season. With the win, Spokane improved to 6-2 against Salem-Keizer this season.>>
In the top of the first, Tri-City grabbed the lead on a stolen base that scored Robbie Podorsky. The Dust Devils then added a run in the eighth and two in the ninth. In the eighth, Luis Asuncion hit an RBI single, while Josh Magee scored on a wild pitch in the ninth>>
Cristian Inoa hit a walk-off single with one out in the ninth inning, as the Spokane Indians topped the Tri-City Dust Devils 4-3 on Thursday.>>