EPHRATA, Wash. - Two people were sent to the hospital on Friday morning after an apartment fire in Ephrata, Washington. Chief Jeremy Burn with the Ephrata Fire Dept. says it happened at 435 Basin St. NW.
2 occupants were cleaning up the apartment preparing to move when they accidentally knocked over a candle starting a fire. They tried to put out the fire themselves but were unsuccessful and had to exit through a window.
One of the victims, who has not been identified, was transported to Harborview Medical Center. 9% of his body was burned with 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his hands and face. The female was treated and released.
There was no electricity going to the apartment, that's why they were using candles.