Political Party: Democrat
Education: University of Washington - Baccalaureate of Arts, Communications,
Comparative Literature: Media/Film, American Indian Studies - 1998 – 2003
Dean's List Member
Seattle Women's Service League Citizenship Award
Recognized as the University's "Top 40 under 40" Alumni
Director, American Indian Student Commission
Student Ambassador, University of Washington
Co-Chair, First Nations at UW, non-profit student organization
Student Representative to the President's Advisory Board
Gonzaga Preparatory High School
Graduated with Honors
1994 – 1998
Teacher's Book Award for Achievement and Excellence
Student of the Month & Student of the Year for the Greater Spokane League National Exchange Service Award
National Honor Society Member
Activities and Societies: Team Captain-Basketball, Track, Cross-Country, Letterman's Society, Diversity Club, Honor's Society
Date of Birth: Age 32
Paulette Jordan is native to Idaho and an enrolled member of the Coeur d'Alene Tribe. She has been involved in local politics for years and just served her third year as an elected member of the Coeur d'Alene Tribal Council.
Jordan, who has a Communications degree from the University of Washington, hopes to bring balance and respect to the State Legislature while advancing the interests of the citizens of District 5 by advocating on issues that matter most to our local community. Jobs, economic development and education will be major priorities for Jordan, who wants to continue her strong record of job creation while promoting economic opportunities in the community that strike an important balance between industry and appropriate protections for local property owners and the environment. She continues her fervent commitment to education through the Education Board, serving students from early childhood through higher education.
Jordan has been active with local, county, state and national affairs. She serves as a Northwest Representative Board Member for the National Indian Gaming Association for job stimulation through economic development and serves as the co-Chair for the Gaming Committee of the Affiliated Tribes of the Northwest Indians to promote growth in local infrastructures for quality healthcare, education, housing and other community needs. Jordan also serves as a member of the local auxiliary to support her surrounding veterans and as a mentor to youth nationwide.
Please describe your top 5 priorities if elected State Representative, District 5, Position A
1) Jobs: As a proven Job Creator, Paulette Jordan will expand Idaho's economy through increasing the number of available jobs. During Jordan's role as a Councilwoman for the Coeur d'Alene Tribe, she worked with her colleagues to create hundreds of jobs for Idahoans of all backgrounds. 80% of these jobs were created for non-tribal individuals. Her economic foresight and commitment to job expansion has resulted in endorsements from organizations such as the AFL-CIO unions.
2) Education: Paulette Jordan believes that investing in children and higher education is the key to Idaho's economic future. Her commitment to quality instruction and support of K-12 teachers & schools is recognized by the venerated endorsement of the Idaho Education Association.
3) Agriculture & Farming: Coming from a strong Agriculture background, Paulette understands the need to support local farms and small businesses. She understands that Agribusiness accounts for about 1/3 of the jobs in the state of Idaho, and she will promote tax incentives for small farms & businesses as a way to boost revenues and sustain our local entrepreneurs.
4) Veterans & Seniors: Paulette Jordan stands by Idaho's Veterans. She will work toward expanding education & job creation that would successfully re-integrate veterans into civilian society and provide leadership roles for them. She values the contribution of resources & wisdom of seniors in our community and will protect a healthy, quality life for them.
5) Natural Resources: Paulette supports hunting and fishing rights for every Idahoan, while upholding the highest standards of integrity and wise use of our state's natural resources. Jordan will support legislation that preserves the great state of Idaho for all of its natural beauty.