Burglary At Democrat Party HQ In Seattle
SEATTLE (AP) - Police detectives are investigating an overnight burglary at the Seattle headquarters of the state Democratic Party.
It was reported at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday by someone arriving for work who found a broken window and open door.
Officers searched the building and area for suspects and found none. It's not yet known what was taken.
Spokesman Mark Jamieson says there's no immediate indication of a political motivation. He says it's a burglary in a building that happens to house campaign folks.
State Democrats Communications Director Benton Strong says the building at 901 Rainier Ave. S. also serves as an office for Organizing for America and Jay Inslee for Washington.
Strong says staff and Election Day volunteers continue to work on getting out as many votes as possible before the 8p.m. deadline.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Spokane Valley Police Department responded to two robberies and a crash in less than 24 hours.>>The Spokane Valley Police Department responded to two robberies and a crash in less than 24 hours.>>
- KHQ.COM - On Wednesday morning, May 29, 2013, at about 1:52 a.m., Spokane Valley Sheriff's Deputies responded to Savage Land Pizza at 700 S. Dishman Rd. to a burglary alarm.>>
- KHQ.COM - On Sunday, May 19, 2013, Spokane Valley Sheriff's Deputy James Ebel responded to a burglary call at a business complex located at 15413 E. Valleyway.>>
- SPOKANE, Wash. - Police responded to an assault just before 3am Thursday morning at Maxwell and Jefferson in Spokane.>>SPOKANE, Wash. - Police responded to an assault just before 3am Thursday morning at Maxwell and Jefferson in Spokane. According to police, during a residential burglary the person living in the home opened the front door and was attacked on the front porch. >>
- MOSES LAKE, Wash. – Quincy Police and the Grant County Sheriff's Office are seeking information from citizens who may have unknowingly fallen victim to a man.>>MOSES LAKE, Wash. – Quincy Police and the Grant County Sheriff's Office are seeking information from citizens who may have unknowingly fallen victim to a man posing as a Vivant burglar and fire alarm salesman now jailed on suspicion of residential burglary.>>
- KHQ.COM - Spokane Police responded to two separate incidents of residential burglaries in progress.>>
Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>
KHQ.COM - More than 100 nail salons in Washington state recently failed safety and sanitation inspections from the Washington State Department of Licensing. If you think these salons are required to post these violations publicly, think again. Unlike restaurants, there's no letter grade at the door that can tell you if the services inside have been deemed safe.>>
SPOKANE, Wash. - What sounded like an accident has now led to charges against the woman who was behind the wheel. The driver of Tuesday night's deadly crash is being investigated for DUI and vehicular homicide. Detectives say around 9:30 p.m. a man was struck and killed by a driver as he tried to cross the street near 3rd and Liberty Park Place. Court documents released Wednesday show that the driver, 50-year-old Tamila Lindsly,>>
SPOKANE, Wash. - Jim Martin Trucking LLC out of Hayden, Idaho confirmed with KHQ the driver of the semi-truck involved in Wednesday's crash on I-90 in downtown Spokane is okay and is cooperating with Troopers. The driver, who was hauling crushed cars, says he was cut off by another car, which he says started the chain reaction that caused the crash.>>
SPOKANE, Wash. - Z Nation is coming back to Spokane to film a fifth season, but they need zombies. Zombie auditions will happen May 5th from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at Redeemer Lutheran Church, located at 3606 S. Old Schafer Road in Spokane Valley. You can sign up for an audition time on Z Nation's official Zombie Audition Facebook page.>>
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - Police in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina say a 12-year-old-boy is alive after being trapped underwater for nine minutes. A video obtained by NBC News shows the boy and his friend swimming around the lazy river at a resort. They removed a metal grate on the floor. The boy was swimming down to explore the hole when his leg became stuck. His friend and several adults tried to get him out, but were unsuccessful.>>
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A Texas man convicted of beating and stomping his girlfriend's baby daughter to death then burying her body has been sentenced to life in prison. A Tarrant County jury sentenced 24-year-old Joshua Beard of Arlington on Monday. Beard was convicted of murder on Saturday in the 2014 death of 18-month-old Tylea Moore.>>