UPDATE: Gunman Opens Fire At Oregon Mall; Gunman, 2 Dead - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Police: Oregon Mall Shooter Used Stolen Rifle

UPDATE: The Oregon mall shooter has been identified as Jacob Tyler Roberts.

PREVIOUS COVERAGE:

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Police say the gunman who killed two people and himself in a shooting rampage at an Oregon mall was 22 years old and used a stolen rifle from someone he knew.
    
Clackamas County Sheriff Craig Roberts says that Jacob Tyler Roberts had armed himself with an AR-15 semiautomatic rifle and had several fully loaded magazines.
    
Roberts says the rifle jammed during the 22-year-old's attack, but he managed to get it working again.
    
The chief says authorities don't yet have a motive.
    
A U.S. law enforcement official has told The Associated  Press the shooter did not have a criminal record. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss details of an ongoing criminal investigation.
    
Two people were killed, and another was wounded.

PREVIOUS STORY:

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A suburban Portland mall remains closed while crime scene experts detail the shooting that left three people dead and one wounded and sent Santa and thousands of shoppers running.
    
Clackamas County sheriff's Sgt. Adam Phillips says the shooter was a man in his 20s who apparently fired at random before taking his own life at the Clackamas Town Center.
    
There's no known connection between the gunman and the man and woman who were killed and the young woman who was wounded.
    
Oregon Health & Science University Hospital in Portland says Kristina Shevchenko is in serious condition.
    
Phillips says Tuesday's shooting at a mall with 7,000 customers and 2,000 employees could have been much worse. Stores and police followed training from a shooting drill at the mall earlier this year.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Police: Driver was going 2x the speed limit in deadly crash

    Police: Driver was going 2x the speed limit in deadly crash

    Thursday, April 26 2018 2:12 AM EDT2018-04-26 06:12:50 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - What sounded like an accident has now led to charges against the woman who was behind the wheel. The driver of Tuesday night's deadly crash is being investigated for DUI and vehicular homicide. Detectives say around 9:30 p.m. a man was struck and killed by a driver as he tried to cross the street near 3rd and Liberty Park Place.   Court documents released Wednesday show that the driver, 50-year-old Tamila Lindsly, 

    >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. - What sounded like an accident has now led to charges against the woman who was behind the wheel. The driver of Tuesday night's deadly crash is being investigated for DUI and vehicular homicide. Detectives say around 9:30 p.m. a man was struck and killed by a driver as he tried to cross the street near 3rd and Liberty Park Place.   Court documents released Wednesday show that the driver, 50-year-old Tamila Lindsly, 

    >>
  • PHOTOS: All lanes of I-90 reopen after semi-truck loses load in downtown Spokane

    PHOTOS: All lanes of I-90 reopen after semi-truck loses load in downtown Spokane

    Wednesday, April 25 2018 6:25 PM EDT2018-04-25 22:25:01 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Jim Martin Trucking LLC out of Hayden, Idaho confirmed with KHQ the driver of the semi-truck involved in Wednesday's crash on I-90 in downtown Spokane is okay and is cooperating with Troopers. The driver, who was hauling crushed cars, says he was cut off by another car, which he says started the chain reaction that caused the crash. 

    >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Jim Martin Trucking LLC out of Hayden, Idaho confirmed with KHQ the driver of the semi-truck involved in Wednesday's crash on I-90 in downtown Spokane is okay and is cooperating with Troopers. The driver, who was hauling crushed cars, says he was cut off by another car, which he says started the chain reaction that caused the crash. 

    >>
  • 12-year-old trapped underwater for nearly 9 minutes in resort pool

    12-year-old trapped underwater for nearly 9 minutes in resort pool

    Wednesday, April 25 2018 11:58 PM EDT2018-04-26 03:58:03 GMT
    NBC NewsNBC News
    NBC NewsNBC News

    MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - Police in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina say a 12-year-old-boy is alive after being trapped underwater for nine minutes. A video obtained by NBC News shows the boy and his friend swimming around the lazy river at a resort. They removed a metal grate on the floor. The boy was swimming down to explore the hole when his leg became stuck. His friend and several adults tried to get him out, but were unsuccessful. 

    >>

    MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - Police in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina say a 12-year-old-boy is alive after being trapped underwater for nine minutes. A video obtained by NBC News shows the boy and his friend swimming around the lazy river at a resort. They removed a metal grate on the floor. The boy was swimming down to explore the hole when his leg became stuck. His friend and several adults tried to get him out, but were unsuccessful. 

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/