Portable Space Heater Causes RV Fire In The Spokane Valley
PRESS RELEASE FROM THE SPOKANE VALLEY FIRE DEPT: At 10:13 on Wednesday night Spokane
Valley Firefighters responded to a report of an RV on fire. First arriving
crews radioed that the RV was fully involved with fire and they would start a
defensive attack to protect the home which was only a few feet away. Six
engines, one rescue, and one ladder truck responded to the fire and had the
fire extinguished in 20 minutes.
A friend of the homeowner was
staying in the RV which was parked in the driveway. They were inside the house
watching a movie when they heard a noise outside. When they went outside to
investigate, they saw the RV in flames. One person was treated on scene for
smoke inhalation and taken to a local hospital for evaluation. Four small dogs
were inside the RV at the time and died in the fire.
The cause of the
fire was a portable propane space heater possibly placed too close to
combustibles or it may have fallen over and started the fire.
Never leave space
heaters unattended and follow the manufactures guidelines for operation.
Wednesday, May 22 2013 12:27 AM EDT2013-05-22 04:27:35 GMT
SPRAGUE LAKE, Wash. - The Lincoln County Sheriff's Office has confirmed with KHQ that one person died following a boating accident on Sprague Lake.>>
SPRAGUE LAKE, Wash. - The Lincoln County Sheriff's Office has confirmed with KHQ that one person died following a boating accident on Sprague Lake. The Sheriff's office says that about 3:00pm Tuesday afternoon they responded to a report of two people who had washed ashore at Sprague Lake. Once they arrived they found a man and a woman on the shore.>>
SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police responded to an armed robbery on Spokane's south hill. It happened just before midnight when police say a man walked into the 7-11 at 30th & Regal, displayed what appeared to be a revolver and demanded money. The suspect fled the scene on a bicycle. >>