SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Fire officials have said they believe a house fire in east Spokane was started by a log that rolled out of a fire place. Fire crews told the family that lives in the duplex that it isn't livable anymore because it was not safe.
Four teenagers were in the home on E. South Riverton when the fire started. They were awoken by smoke in the residence.
Authorities allowed the victims to go in and get their belongings but no one is allowed to live in the home until the damage is repaired. This is the second fire at that address in a week. The power had been disconnected after the first fire and the family was using an extension cord from a neighbor for basic needs.
Initially, Avista crews said they beleived the extension cord may have had something to do with the fire but fire investigators determined that the extension cord did not play a factor.
The Red Cross responded to the fire and assisted the victims of the fire.
SPOKANE, Wash. - On Tuesday morning firefighters responded to a house fire on E. Riverton. 4 teenagers were inside of the home at the time. They were awoken by smoke in the home. No injuries have been reported. Avista is investigating a possible illegal hookup of electricity. A fire broke out at the same home just a week a go on Wednesday, January 16th.
Wednesday, December 11 2013 9:36 AM EST2013-12-11 14:36:12 GMT
SPOKANE, Wash. - For anyone whose parents have moved into their home or for those looking to possibly rent out part of their home, houses with in-law type set ups are ideal. >>
SPOKANE, Wash. - For anyone whose parents have moved into their home or for those looking to possibly rent out part of their home, houses with in-law type set ups are ideal. It's a great way to give yourself and the person living in your home separate space and it helps to keep the sanity. >>
Thursday, December 12 2013 1:55 AM EST2013-12-12 06:55:36 GMT
SPOKANE, Wash. - It was a cold winter night in Riverfront Park on Wednesday as a group of kids boarded a train. >>
SPOKANE, Wash. - It was a cold winter night in Riverfront Park on Wednesday as a group of kids boarded a train. But this wasn't just any train, it is the first annual North Pole Express on its way to see Santa Claus. The idea came from the Spokane Parks Department and for the very first trip they invited some very special kids and their parents.>>
Thursday, December 12 2013 9:50 AM EST2013-12-12 14:50:22 GMT
SPOKANE, Wash. - Emergency crews on the south hill were called to a car crash late Wednesday night. >>
SPOKANE, Wash. - Emergency crews on the south hill were called to a car crash late Wednesday night. Police say around 11:00pm a man was driving his SUV westbound on 37th when he went through the stop sign at Perry, hit a brick landscaping wall, and flipped his SUV. When firefighters arrived they had to cut the roof off of the SUV to get the man out. >>