BOSTON (AP) - Numerous deaths in the U.S. are being blamed on the big snowstorm that swept through the Northeast.
Among the dead was an 11-year-old Boston boy who died of carbon monoxide poisoning after being overcome as he sat in a running car to keep warm, while his father was shoveling snow to get the car out of a snow bank.
A fire department spokesman says the car exhaust was covered by a snow bank, causing the fumes to collect in the vehicle.
When the boy was overcome by the fumes, the father went into respiratory arrest and emergency workers took both to Boston Medical Center. The boy was pronounced dead at the hospital