Man Missing After Being SWALLOWED By Sinkhole! - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Man Missing After Being SWALLOWED By Sinkhole!

BRANDON, Fla. (AP) - A man is missing after a large sinkhole opened under the bedroom of a house near Tampa and his brother says the man screamed for help as the collapse happened.
    
The 36-year-old man's brother told rescue crews he heard a loud crash around 11 p.m. Thursday, then heard his brother screaming for help.
    
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue spokeswoman Jessica Damico says when the brother got there, the bedroom was gone and all he saw was part of a mattress sticking up.
    
There's been no contact with the man since then. Neighbors on both sides of the Brandon home have been evacuated.
    
Code enforcement deemed it unsafe for rescue workers to continue until engineers can determine the borders of the sinkhole. Damico says the sinkhole is estimated at about 100 feet across.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Disturbing videos on YouTube Kid's app are tricking your kids, and could be hurting them

    Disturbing videos on YouTube Kid's app are tricking your kids, and could be hurting them

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 10:31 PM EST2017-11-22 03:31:12 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash.- Google is cracking down on disturbing cartoons that appear on the YouTube Kid's App. Google owns YouTube, and says it's rolling out new policies in the coming weeks to make sure the cartoons, which appear to be made for kids but have very inappropriate adult-themes, are taken down. 

    >>

    SPOKANE, Wash.- Google is cracking down on disturbing cartoons that appear on the YouTube Kid's App. Google owns YouTube, and says it's rolling out new policies in the coming weeks to make sure the cartoons, which appear to be made for kids but have very inappropriate adult-themes, are taken down. 

    >>
  • Woman raises more than $13K for charitable homeless man

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 6:28 PM EST2017-11-21 23:28:37 GMT

    PHILADELPHIA - An online campaign has raised more than $13,000 for a homeless man who used his last $20 to fill up the gas tank of a stranded motorist outside Philadelphia.

    >>

    PHILADELPHIA - An online campaign has raised more than $13,000 for a homeless man who used his last $20 to fill up the gas tank of a stranded motorist outside Philadelphia. The Gofundme.com campaign was started Nov. 10 by 27-year-old Kate McClure after she said she ran out of gas on Interstate-95 and a homeless man named Johnny Bobbitt Jr. offered to walk a few blocks to buy her some. 

    >>
  • Spokane man told to take down American and U.S. Air Force Flag

    Spokane man told to take down American and U.S. Air Force Flag

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 9:35 PM EST2017-11-22 02:35:59 GMT

    Many of us have them, others see them waving from businesses, flagpoles, or homes. We’re talking about the American Flag. On Monday, a Spokane man was told to take his down, along with a United States Air Force flag. The flags were hanging above Nicholas Magee’s balcony at the Deer Run Apartments in North Spokane. “It’s unbelievable that they would serve me that and tell me to tear down my uncles flag,” said Magee. “I would love to fly 

    >>

    Many of us have them, others see them waving from businesses, flagpoles, or homes. We’re talking about the American Flag. On Monday, a Spokane man was told to take his down, along with a United States Air Force flag. The flags were hanging above Nicholas Magee’s balcony at the Deer Run Apartments in North Spokane. “It’s unbelievable that they would serve me that and tell me to tear down my uncles flag,” said Magee. “I would love to fly 

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/