YAKIMA, Wash.-- Yakima firefighters say children playing with a lighter started a fire at a duplex Thursday night.
Firefighters went to the home at 15th Avenue and Swan and found smoke coming from the front door. Crews say the flames started in a bedroom and quickly spreading to the attic.
The four people inside the duplex got out ok, but smoke and heat caused more than $50,000 in damages.
Local News Washington News Idaho News National International Connect With Kleck KHQ MD Invest Northwest KHQ Birthdays Sports from SWX Pro Sports College Sports High School Sports
Forecast Discussion HD Doppler 6i Radar 6 Day Forecast School Closures & Delays Road & Pass Conditions Weather Pix Dave Law's Fishing Report