UPDATE: Sen.Harry Reid: Letter With Ricin Or Poison Sent To Sena - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

UPDATE: Sen.Harry Reid: Letter With Ricin Or Poison Sent To Senator

Posted: Updated:

WASHINGTON (AP) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says a letter containing ricin or another poision was sent to the office of Sen. Roger Wicker of Mississippi.
    
In brief remarks to reporters in the Capitol, Reid did not say when the letter was sent. It's customary for mail addressed to congressional offices to be screened at an off-site facility.
    
Sen. Mary Landrieu also confirmed a letter containing poison had been to a sent to a senator. She said lawmakers were informed of the fact at a closed-door briefing about the Boston Marathon bombings.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • Ricin In The NewsMore>>

  • Spokane Man Charged With Mailing Ricin Appears In Federal Court

    Spokane Man Charged With Mailing Ricin Appears In Federal Court

    Wednesday, September 11 2013 9:39 PM EDT2013-09-12 01:39:26 GMT
    Matthew Buquet made an appearance in federal court in Spokane Wednesday.>>
    Matthew Buquet made an appearance in federal court in Spokane Wednesday, charged with sending letters laced with the poison "ricin" to at least five different people and organizations – including the President of the United States.>>
  • Buquet Trial Moved To Next Year

    Buquet Trial Moved To Next Year

    Tuesday, July 9 2013 5:55 PM EDT2013-07-09 21:55:02 GMT
    SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - The federal trial of a Spokane man charged with sending a poison letter to President Barack Obama has been delayed until next year because of the complexity of the case.>>
    SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - The federal trial of a Spokane man charged with sending a poison letter to President Barack Obama has been delayed until next year because of the complexity of the case.>>
  • UPDATE: Spokane Ricin Suspect Pleads Not Guilty

    UPDATE: Spokane Ricin Suspect Pleads Not Guilty

    Wednesday, June 26 2013 5:32 PM EDT2013-06-26 21:32:37 GMT
    UPDATE: On Wednesday Matthew Buquet, the Spokane ricin suspect, plead not guilty to charges in the latest indictment against him. The trial date has been set for 7/22/13.>>
    UPDATE: On Wednesday Matthew Buquet, the Spokane ricin suspect, plead not guilty to charges in the latest indictment against him. The trial date has been set for 7/22/13.>>
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • NEW INFORMATION: High Drive brush fire believed to be human caused

    NEW INFORMATION: High Drive brush fire believed to be human caused

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 1:58 PM EDT2014-07-30 17:58:17 GMT
    SPOKANE, Wash.- Tuesday evening the Spokane Fire department announced they had a likely cause for the High Drive brush fire: humans. The fire broke out Monday afternoon about 3pm on the west side of Spokane's South Hill between Qualchan Golf Course and High Drive. By 6pm it had grown to 30 acres and moved to within 75 yards of several homes on High Drive.>>
    SPOKANE, Wash.- Tuesday evening the Spokane Fire department announced they had a likely cause for the High Drive brush fire: humans. The fire broke out Monday afternoon about 3pm on the west side of Spokane's South Hill between Qualchan Golf Course and High Drive. By 6pm it had grown to 30 acres and moved to within 75 yards of several homes on High Drive.>>
  • PHOTOS JUST IN: Devastation from Carlton Complex; 300 homes burned

    PHOTOS JUST IN: Devastation from Carlton Complex; 300 homes burned

    Saturday, July 26 2014 12:07 AM EDT2014-07-26 04:07:59 GMT
    TWISP, Wash. (AP) - The Okanogan County Sheriff says the Carlton Complex wildfire has many more homes than previously thought. Sheriff Frank Rogers said Friday that the Carlton Complex fire has consumed about 300 homes this month. His office previously placed the number at 150, but he said then he knew it would rise.>>
    TWISP, Wash. (AP) - The Okanogan County Sheriff says the Carlton Complex wildfire has many more homes than previously thought. Sheriff Frank Rogers said Friday that the Carlton Complex fire has consumed about 300 homes this month. His office previously placed the number at 150, but he said then he knew it would rise.>>
  • WILDFIRE WATCH 2014: DNR tackling new wildfire near Tonasket

    WILDFIRE WATCH 2014: DNR tackling new wildfire near Tonasket

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 3:03 PM EDT2014-07-30 19:03:06 GMT
    TONASKET, Wash.- The Department of Natural Resources says they are battling a new wildfire northeast of Wauconda and Tonasket. The fire broke out on Tuesday, July 29th and is called the "Torado Mountain" wildfire. DNR crews are attacking this fire from the ground and air.
    >>
    TONASKET, Wash.- The Department of Natural Resources says they are battling a new wildfire northeast of Wauconda and Tonasket. The fire broke out on Tuesday, July 29th and is called the "Torado Mountain" wildfire. DNR crews are attacking this fire from the ground and air.
    >>