Father's Day Slideshow! Send Us Pictures Of Your Father So We Ca - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Father's Day Slideshow! Send Us Pictures Of Your Father So We Can Add Them!

KHQ.COM - While being a father is a full time job and should be appreciated every day, Father's Day is the one day of the year where we make a conscious effort to make sure we tell our dad's, husbands, brothers, grandfathers and any other father figure in our lives how much they mean to us.

KHQ is putting together a slideshow of the amazing fathers in our community and in your life. Please send a picture of your father to Pix@khq.com or post a picture to our Facebook wall.

In honor of our dad's here are two great songs...one for fathers of daughters and one for fathers of sons.

'My Little Girl' - Tim McGraw

Gotta hold on easy as I let you go.

Gonna tell you how much I love you, though

you think you already know.

I remember I thought you looked like an angel

wrapped in pink so soft and warm.

You've had me wrapped around your finger

since the day you were born.

[Chorus:]

You're beautiful baby from the outside in.

Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again.

Go on, take on this whole world.

But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl.

[Verse 2:]

When you were in trouble that crooked little smile could melt my heart of stone.

Now look at you, I've turned around and you've almost grown.

Sometimes you're asleep I whisper "I Love You!" in the moonlight at your door.

As I walk away, I hear you say, "Daddy Love You More!".

[Chorus:]

You're beautiful baby from the outside in.

Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again.

Go on, take on this whole world.

But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl.

[Verse 3:]

Someday, some boy will come and ask me for your hand.

But I won't say "yes" to him unless I know, he's the half

that makes you whole, he has a poet's soul, and the heart of a man's man.

I know he'll say that he's in love.

But between you and me. He won't be good enough!

[Chorus:]

You're beautiful baby from the outside in.

Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again.

Go on, take on this whole world.

But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl.

'Watchin' You' - Rodney Atkins

Drivin' through town just my boy and me

With a Happy Meal in his booster seat

Knowin' that he couldn't have the toy ‘til his nuggets were gone.

A green traffic light turned straight to red

I hit my brakes and mumbled under my breath.

His fries went a flyin', and his orange drink covered his lap

Well, then my four year old said a four letter word

It started with "S" and I was concerned

So I said, "Son, now where'd you learn to talk like that?"

[Chorus:]

He said, "I've been watching you, dad ain't that cool?

I'm your buckaroo, I wanna be like you.

And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are.

We got cowboy boots and camo pants

Yeah, we're just alike, hey, ain't we dad?

I want to do everything you do.

So I've been watching you."

[Verse 2:]

We got back home and I went to the barn

I bowed my head and I prayed real hard

Said, "Lord, please help me help my stupid self."

Just this side of bedtime later that night

Turnin' on my son's Scooby-Doo nightlight.

He crawled out of bed and he got down on his knees.

He closed his little eyes, folded his little hands

Spoke to God like he was talkin' to a friend.

And I said, "Son, now where'd you learn to pray like that?"

[Chorus:]

He said, "I've been watching you, dad ain't that cool?

I'm your buckaroo, I want to be like you.

And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are.

We like fixin' things and holding momma's hand

Yeah, we're just alike, hey, ain't we dad?

I want to do everything you do; so I've been watching you"

[Verse 3:]

With tears in my eyes I wrapped him in a hug.

Said, "My little bear is growin' up."

And he said, "But when I'm big I'll still know what to do."

[Chorus:]

"‘Cause I've been watching you, dad ain't that cool?

I'm your buckaroo, I want to be like you.

And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are.

By then I'll be strong as superman

We'll be just alike, hey, won't we dad

When I can do everything you do.

‘cause I've been watchin' you."

hey yeah

uh huh

What's song reminds you of your dad?

PHOTOS: Priest Lake lots auctioned off

Thursday, August 28 2014 8:46 PM EDT2014-08-29 00:46:58 GMT
    PRIEST LAKE, Idaho - 61 cottages sites on Priest Lake were auctioned off in Coeur d'Alene on Thursday. >>
    PRIEST LAKE, Idaho - 61 cottages sites on Priest Lake were auctioned off in Coeur d'Alene on Thursday. For years, those already living on the sites leased the land from the State of Idaho, but the State was looking to sell. Residents already living on the sites showed up on Thursday to buy them back, and many were successful.

THROWBACK THURSDAY: Johnny Depp in Spokane for 'Benny and Joon'

Thursday, August 28 2014 4:06 PM EDT2014-08-28 20:06:32 GMT
    KHQ.COM - In the late 80's and early 90's Hollywood came to the Spokane area in a big way. One of the most well known films that was shot in the Lilac city was Benny and Joon. The 1992 movie included Aidan Quinn, Mary Stuart Masterson and Johnny Depp. KHQ was on set for a scene of the movie.

Priest Lake Auction: Saying goodbye to home

Wednesday, August 27 2014 10:50 PM EDT2014-08-28 02:50:23 GMT
    PRIEST LAKE, Idaho - After years of obstacles for 61 Priest Lake lot lessees, the end comes on Thursday, August 28th. >>
    PRIEST LAKE, Idaho - After years of obstacles for 61 Priest Lake lot lessees, the end comes on Thursday, August 28th. People who have been leasing land from the state, some more than 40 years, will find out if they get to keep their property in an auction.Back in 2010, the State of Idaho decided to divest more than 300 lake lots on Priest Lake.
  • Top Stories from KHQTop StoriesMore>>

Problems at state health exchange hit 1 out of 5

Friday, August 29 2014 12:07 PM EDT2014-08-29 16:07:55 GMT
    SEATTLE (AP) - Officials at the Washington health exchange admitted this week that billing problems have affected about one of every five people who bought health insurance through the exchange. At a board meeting on Thursday, exchange officials said as many as 28,000 people trying to buy insurance through the exchange were unable to use that insurance during the past seven months because of billing problems.>>

Competency check for teen accused in girl's death

Friday, August 29 2014 11:54 AM EDT2014-08-29 15:54:31 GMT
    PORT ORCHARD, Wash. (AP) - Kitsap County prosecutors say a 17-year-old accused in the rape and killing of 6-year-old Jenise Wright will be evaluated next week to see if he's competent to stand trial. The Kitsap Sun reports Gabriel Gaeta made a brief appearance in Kitsap County Superior Court on Thursday.>>

Viral Video: Little boy's hysterical response to mother's pregnancy

Friday, August 29 2014 10:29 AM EDT2014-08-29 14:29:39 GMT
    KHQ.COM - When Shanee Gibson Hart of Fort Lewis, Washington, shared the news about her pregnancy with her son, Tré, she thought he would be thrilled. Instead, his reaction was a little different than expected. "This is exasperating!" Tré exclaimed. "Why you want to get another baby?...That doesn't make no sense!">>