GREAT FALLS, Mont. (AP) - Phillips County officials say an 18-month-old Malta boy has died from an apparent accidental overdose of over-the-counter sleep medication.
Sheriff Scott Moran tells the Great Falls Tribune (http://gftrib.com/12pAJwt) that Karson Costello's body was taken to the state crime lab in Missoula for an autopsy. Moran says the final determination for cause of death will be released when toxicology results are available.
Law enforcement received a call at 10 a.m. Thursday that a toddler had taken sleeping pills and was not breathing. CPR was begun and the boy was taken to the hospital in a patrol car.
The case is still being investigated.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
SPOKANE, Wash. - Pig Out In The Park brings in thousands to delve into their favorite fair-like foods and put diets on the back burner. But this year is a little bit different, because organizers are calling it the largest pig out yet.