BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) - A Lockwood man who suffered burns in a fire at a fireworks factory northwest of Billings is being treated at a Utah burn center.
Joanna Mong tells The Billings Gazette (http://bit.ly/13e6oHI ) her husband, Alvin Mong, suffered burns to his right arm, neck and face during the fire Tuesday morning at Evolution Pyrotechnics Manufacturing south of Acton.
Joanna Mong says her husband was wearing the appropriate safety gear and may be released from the University of Utah Burn Center next week.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is investigating the cause of the fire that led to two explosions.
Law enforcement officers initially said the fire appeared to have started when pyrotechnic ingredients were improperly mixed.
Joanna Mong says the fire was sparked by static electricity.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)