Spokane's Hoopfest is the biggest 3-on-3 basketball tournament in the world - hooping out on June 29 and 30th, 2013.>>
Spokane's Hoopfest is the biggest 3-on-3 basketball tournament in the world. Join 7,000 teams, 3,000 volunteers, 225,000 fans on 450 courts spanning 42 city blocks! Plus, enjoy shopping, food and interactive entertainment on June 29 and 30th, 2013. >>
The field for the 2013 Spokane Hoopfest Tournament is set, and the brackets are filled with its customary list of creative, funny, and sometimes provacative team names. The SWX staff broke down the brackets and whittled the list down to a Top 10.
10. Armpit Juice With temps expected to reach the high 90's, expect the juices to be flowing for these guys this weekend.
9. Cookies and Kareem This can only be assumed to be a nod to the NBA's all-time leading scorer, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. And cookies. What's not to like?
8. Schmuck Dynasty You have to love any team that pays homage to A&E's hit reality series, "Duck Dynasty."
7. Cougin It We at SWX frown upon the phrase, but those who are Cougs have every right to use the term. Let's just hope they don't "Coug It" during Hoopfest.
6. Last Picked in PE Many of us have been there, haven't we? It's nice to see a band of players who embrace that dubious honor, and build an entire team around that mantra. We'd wish them good luck, but we don't think it will do much good.
5. Pass the Oxygen Tank It's 3-on-3 halfcourt basketball basketball, guys. Though we admire your honesty, if you need an oxygen tank, it may be time for you to find other ways to spend a summer afternoon. Like playing Wii Tennis. Or watching SWX.
4. Insulated Six Packs We see what you did there. You have six pack abs, but they're insulated under a sizable layer of... er... protective shielding? We're hoping you get to be "shirts" and not "skins" on the court.
3. Big Deng Theory We know a good name when we see it, and even sports nuts like us are closet fans of Leonard, Sheldon, and Raj.
2. Lower the Rim Please We'll let you in on a little -- key word, "little" -- secret: more than a few of the employees at SWX and KHQ wish they were a little bit taller. Ahem, Michelle Dapper, Matt Rogers, Sean Owsley, we're looking at you. So feel free to lower that rim!
1. Four Guys Five Chins They almost went there, but they didn't. That's comedy, people.