Naval Academy Sex Assault Hearing Delayed - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Naval Academy Sex Assault Hearing Delayed

WASHINGTON (AP) - A military hearing on sexual assault accusations against three U.S. Naval Academy midshipmen is being delayed because the alleged victim says she is too tired to testify.
    
The hearing at the Washington Navy Yard is in recess, but is expected to resume Saturday afternoon.
    
The woman has testified over three days under heavy questioning about her foggy memory of an alcohol-fueled, off-campus party last year in Annapolis, Md. She also testified in closed court Tuesday.
    
The woman, who is now a senior at the academy, has complained about fatigue.
    
The hearing is being held to determine whether the three former football players will face a court-martial.
    
The woman was allegedly sexually assaulted at an April 2012 party after a night of heavy drinking.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Washington's new DUI-E law takes effect Sunday

    Washington's new DUI-E law takes effect Sunday

    Tuesday, July 18 2017 10:02 PM EDT2017-07-19 02:02:25 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - "He was my youngest, he was my baby bear," Tina Myer said about her son that was killed by a distracted driver. It was a distracted driver that killed Tina Myer's son Cody, hitting the 23-year-old as he was working as a flagger at a construction site in December 2015. He suffered severe injuries, and died several months later. Now Myer is joining Governor Inslee, praising a new DUI-E law.

    >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. - "He was my youngest, he was my baby bear," Tina Myer said about her son that was killed by a distracted driver. It was a distracted driver that killed Tina Myer's son Cody, hitting the 23-year-old as he was working as a flagger at a construction site in December 2015. He suffered severe injuries, and died several months later. Now Myer is joining Governor Inslee, praising a new DUI-E law.

    >>
  • Court docs: 3 month old baby with severe brain trauma taken to ICU

    Court docs: 3 month old baby with severe brain trauma taken to ICU

    Wednesday, July 19 2017 8:24 PM EDT2017-07-20 00:24:22 GMT
    Court docs: 3 month old baby with severe brain trauma taken to ICUCourt docs: 3 month old baby with severe brain trauma taken to ICU

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police Officers were called to Sacred Heart Children's Hospital Friday after receiving word that a three month old baby had arrived at the Intensive Care Unit with severe brain trauma. Court documents say the parents took the baby to the Holy Family Hospital, where the injuries were deemed severe. The baby was then taken by ambulance to Sacred Heart. According to the documents, a CPS caseworker says one 

    >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police Officers were called to Sacred Heart Children's Hospital Friday after receiving word that a three month old baby had arrived at the Intensive Care Unit with severe brain trauma. Court documents say the parents took the baby to the Holy Family Hospital, where the injuries were deemed severe. The baby was then taken by ambulance to Sacred Heart. According to the documents, a CPS caseworker says one 

    >>
  • Man with previous ties to Coeur d'Alene and Spokane wanted by the FBI on meth trafficking charges

    Man with previous ties to Coeur d'Alene and Spokane wanted by the FBI on meth trafficking charges

    Wednesday, July 19 2017 5:57 PM EDT2017-07-19 21:57:16 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - The FBI is looking for a convicted felon they believe is involved in trafficking methamphetamine in Montana.  33-year-old Chase Storlie initially had a federal arrest warrant issued for him in Montana on June 9 for failure to appear at his arraignment in Helena. Storlie was previously charged on April 26, 2017, with conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute methamphetamine, possession with intent to distribute meth.

    >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. - The FBI is looking for a convicted felon they believe is involved in trafficking methamphetamine in Montana.  33-year-old Chase Storlie initially had a federal arrest warrant issued for him in Montana on June 9 for failure to appear at his arraignment in Helena. Storlie was previously charged on April 26, 2017, with conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute methamphetamine, possession with intent to distribute meth.

    >>
HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • National NewsMore>>

  • Mad Minute stories from Wednesday, July 19th

    Mad Minute stories from Wednesday, July 19th

    Wednesday, July 19 2017 5:32 PM EDT2017-07-19 21:32:11 GMT
    Mad Minute for 12/30/16Mad Minute for 12/30/16

    Here are the extended versions of the KHQ Local News 11 at 11 Mad Minute stories from Wednesday, July 19th.

    >>

    Here are the extended versions of the KHQ Local News 11 at 11 Mad Minute stories from Wednesday, July 19th.

    >>
  • Sheriff's deputy convicted of smuggling in fishing scheme

    Sheriff's deputy convicted of smuggling in fishing scheme

    Wednesday, July 19 2017 8:47 PM EDT2017-07-20 00:47:15 GMT
    Sheriff's deputy convicted of smuggling in fishing schemeSheriff's deputy convicted of smuggling in fishing scheme

    BOSTON, Mass. (AP) - A former Massachusetts sheriff's deputy has been convicted of helping a fishing mogul known as "The Codfather" smuggle profits out of the country. A federal jury in Boston found 47-year-old Antonio Freitas guilty Wednesday of charges of bulk cash smuggling and structuring the export of U.S. currency. The former Bristol County sheriff's deputy will be sentenced in October. Prosecutors say Carlos Rafael, who 

    >>

    BOSTON, Mass. (AP) - A former Massachusetts sheriff's deputy has been convicted of helping a fishing mogul known as "The Codfather" smuggle profits out of the country. A federal jury in Boston found 47-year-old Antonio Freitas guilty Wednesday of charges of bulk cash smuggling and structuring the export of U.S. currency. The former Bristol County sheriff's deputy will be sentenced in October. Prosecutors say Carlos Rafael, who 

    >>
  • Cops: Customer threatened to shoot someone over bad sandwich

    Cops: Customer threatened to shoot someone over bad sandwich

    Wednesday, July 19 2017 4:11 PM EDT2017-07-19 20:11:55 GMT

    SOUTH EUCLID, Ohio (AP) - Police in suburban Cleveland say a fast-food restaurant customer angry about the way his sandwich tasted and looked threatened to shoot somebody over it. The South Euclid Police Department reported receiving a call Tuesday about a man storming into the Steak 'n Shake restaurant "acting crazy," saying he had a gun and was going to shoot someone. Police said he entered the kitchen while customers fled. 

    >>

    SOUTH EUCLID, Ohio (AP) - Police in suburban Cleveland say a fast-food restaurant customer angry about the way his sandwich tasted and looked threatened to shoot somebody over it. The South Euclid Police Department reported receiving a call Tuesday about a man storming into the Steak 'n Shake restaurant "acting crazy," saying he had a gun and was going to shoot someone. Police said he entered the kitchen while customers fled. 

    >>