US Probing Honda Accords For Air Bag Problem - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

US Probing Honda Accords For Air Bag Problem

DETROIT (AP) - U.S. safety regulators are investigating complaints that the side air bags on some Honda Accords can inflate when the front doors are closed.

The probe covers about 363,000 of the popular midsize cars from the 2008 model year.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says 28 drivers have complained about the problem. Two people reported injuries.

Investigators will determine out how often the problem happens and whether a recall is needed.

Messages seeking comment were left for Honda spokesmen early Tuesday.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

"My son was just gone": mother of kidnapped baby speaks out about online danger

Tuesday, November 21 2017 12:30 AM EST2017-11-21 05:30:18 GMT
    Police say Fern Littlecalf kidnapped a babyPolice say Fern Littlecalf kidnapped a baby

SPOKANE, Wash.- The mother of a 6-month old baby who was kidnapped as part of an elaborate online scam is speaking out, urging everyone to be careful who they meet on the internet.  Lekeisha Johnson, from Kennewick, says she thought she'd been in a relationship with a man for weeks, but then she found out that her supposed boyfriend never existed in the first place.

SUV driver crashes into De Leon Foods and then takes off

Tuesday, November 21 2017 2:46 AM EST2017-11-21 07:46:32 GMT
    Courtesy De Leon FoodsCourtesy De Leon Foods

SPOKANE, Wash.- Spokane Police are looking for the person who crashed into De Leon Foods on Francis in north Spokane.

Texas sheriff added to woman's crude anti-Trump truck decal

Monday, November 20 2017 6:43 PM EST2017-11-20 23:43:48 GMT

HOUSTON - A woman whose pickup truck displays an expletive-filled message to President Donald Trump and his supporters has added an identical rant aimed at a suburban Houston sheriff. Karen Fonseca said Monday that Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls "messed with the wrong person" when deputies arrested her Thursday on an old, unrelated warrant for fraud.

• National NewsMore>>

Mad Minute stories from Monday, November 20th

Monday, November 20 2017 5:28 PM EST2017-11-20 22:28:12 GMT

Here are the extended versions of the KHQ Local News 11 at 11 Mad Minute stories from Monday, November 20th.

Spokane city councilwoman speaks out against sexual harassment

Monday, November 20 2017 9:23 PM EST2017-11-21 02:23:02 GMT

SPOKANE, Wash. - A Spokane city councilwoman is sharing her story too as more allegations against different men continue to come out. Kate Burke was elected to city council for her first term. She shared her story about sexual harassment too. Since Burke shared her story, she says she’s received messages from other women, reaching out. “I want women to know that I'm an ally I'm here to chat. I'm here to listen,” she says. “There are allies in

Recovering addict finds passion, helps others

Monday, November 20 2017 9:19 PM EST2017-11-21 02:19:48 GMT

Sherry Hegstad loves to cut hair. She’s had her cosmetology license since 2014 and it makes her feel alive, gives her a sense of passion, a passion that she says wouldn’t be possible today. “I was addicted to meth for 22 years,” she said. Hegstad was headed for rock bottom, “I was at Walmart on the day before Black Friday shoplifting and I had meth on me." And in 2015, her life would change.