City Of Spokane Declares Stage 1 Snow Event - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

Right Now:

45°
  • (Feels like 45°)
  • Clear

Today:

• 70° |
  • 41°

7-Day Forecast

• What letter grade would you give the City of Spokane in response to this latest snow storm?

• Thank you for participating in our poll. Here are the results so far:

A
    22%
    48 votes

City Of Spokane Declares Stage 1 Snow Event

PHOTO: City of Spokane's Twitter PHOTO: City of Spokane's Twitter
  • Also on KHQ.comMore>>

• KHQ Weather Authority

Become a KHQ Weather Watcher!

Become a KHQ Weather Watcher!

Tuesday, April 5 2011 1:22 PM EDT2011-04-05 17:22:36 GMT
    Do you want to be a Weather Watcher for KHQ Local News?  You just need the ability to Skype or UStream from your computer or smart phone.>>
SPOKANE, Wash. - The City of Spokane declared a Stage 1 Snow Emergency on Tuesday following heavy snowfall on Monday.

During a Stage 1 Snow Event, citizens are asked to move parked cars off all arterials and fixed STA bus routes, move parked cars in residential hill routes to the odd side of the street, and clear sidewalks within 24 hours.

When driving on the streets, the City of Spokane asks motorists to slow down, drive according to conditions, not follow plows too closely, not pass plow trucks, and drive cautiously in generally when around plows.

For more information on the City of Spokane's snow plan: https://beta.spokanecity.org/streets/

Spokane sex trafficking victim gets second chance as shop owner

Tuesday, September 18 2018 8:42 PM EDT2018-09-19 00:42:17 GMT

SPOKANE, Wash. - From the outside, the Repeat Boutique looks like a lot of other thrift shops in Spokane.  Inside, some might describe the stuff for sale as old, used, discarded garbage -- but store manager CJ Curtis sees its potential. And just like the goods in her shop, CJ is on her way to a new life, one far from the one she once lived.

Former WSU Volleyball player files official complaint against Jason Gesser

Tuesday, September 18 2018 9:59 PM EDT2018-09-19 01:59:44 GMT

A former volleyball player for Washington State University says Jason Gesser made sexual advances toward her during a charity event for the athletic department. "I thought I did something wrong, I thought that I could hurt their family," said Alyssa Wold-Bodeau. "So I chose to hide it, I chose to bury it, and I thought if it was just me and I only knew about it I could just deal with it and move on to protect them." Wold- Bodeau told the Spokesman-Review that Ges...

Police impersonator attempts to pull over Spokane woman

Monday, September 17 2018 8:45 PM EDT2018-09-18 00:45:37 GMT

SPOKANE, Wash. - "He told me to pull over, and my jaw just dropped," a Spokane woman, who says a fake police officer tried to pull her over, doesn't want to be named. In fear, this could happen again. "It really scared me and kind of threw me off that night. I don't even want to drive by myself anymore," she said. She tells me that she was driving around North Spokane at night on her way home from work.

Mollie Tibbetts accused killer pleads not guilty to murder charges

Wednesday, September 19 2018 11:00 AM EDT2018-09-19 15:00:29 GMT

The farmhand charged in the abduction and stabbing death of 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts in Iowa has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder.    Cristhian Bahena Rivera entered his plea Wednesday at the Poweshiek County Courthouse in Montezuma, Iowa.    Rivera is charged in the killing of Tibbetts, a University of Iowa student who disappeared while out for a run July 18 in Brooklyn, Iowa.

Tennessee boy shoots, kills mom's husband during fight

Wednesday, September 19 2018 10:52 AM EDT2018-09-19 14:52:53 GMT

Authorities in eastern Tennessee say a 12-year-old boy shot and killed his mother's husband during a domestic dispute.    News outlets report 56-year-old Kevron Thomas "Tommy" Durham was shot twice with a rifle Saturday night. A release from District Attorney General Russell Johnson says authorities had received at least five previous calls from the home for domestic violence, although none resulted in criminal charges.

Thousands of fans request grand jury probe in Prince's death

Wednesday, September 19 2018 10:50 AM EDT2018-09-19 14:50:23 GMT

Thousands of Prince fans are asking federal authorities to open a grand jury investigation into his death.    The petition to the U.S. Attorney's Office has been signed by more than 6,000 people. One of the petition's organizers, Nicole Welage, says more answers are needed about the rock star's accidental fentanyl overdose in 2016. Welage tells the Star Tribune that the person who supplied the drug must be held accountable.