Reward Offered For Info Leading To Apprehension Of Ten Most Want - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share

Reward Offered For Info Leading To Apprehension Of Ten Most Wanted Fugitives

Posted: Updated:
FBI's Most Wanted Fugitives FBI's Most Wanted Fugitives
Mobile Users, Click This Link To View Slideshow Photos: http://tinyurl.com/m94ecpm

***NOTE***
TO ENLARGE THE PICTURES IN THE SLIDESHOW, RIGHT CLICK ON THE IMAGE AND THEN CLICK:
"View Image"

KHQ.COM - The FBI is offering rewards for information leading to the apprehension of the Ten Most Wanted Fugitives. The slideshow contains current and historical information for internal and external distribution. This information is based on FBI records and is updated by the Investigative Publicity and Public Affairs Unit, Office of Public Affairs.The FBI’s “Ten Most Wanted Fugitives” list has been in existence since March 14, 1950. A reporter for the International News Service (the predecessor to United Press International) asked the Bureau for the names and descriptions of the “toughest guys” the Bureau would like to capture. The resulting story generated so much publicity and had so much appeal that late FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover implemented the “Ten Most Wanted Fugitives” program. The first person to be placed on the list was Thomas James Holden, wanted for the murder of his wife, her brother, and her stepbrother.

Since its inception, 500 fugitives have been on the “Top Ten” list, and 470 have been apprehended or located. Some interesting facts about the program are:

156 fugitives have been captured/located as a result of citizen cooperation.Two fugitives were apprehended as a result of visitors on an FBI tour.The shortest amount of time spent on the “Top Ten” list was two hours, by Billy Austin Bryant in 1969.The person who has spent the longest amount of time on the list is Victor Manuel Gerena.Nine fugitives were arrested prior to publication and release, but are still considered as officially on the list.The oldest person to be placed on the list was 69-year-old James J. Bulger, who was added in August of 1999. This program relies heavily on the assistance of citizens and the media. Publicity from coast to coast and around the world is important.


  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • PHOTOS JUST IN: Devastation from Carlton Complex; 300 homes burned

    PHOTOS JUST IN: Devastation from Carlton Complex; 300 homes burned

    Friday, July 25 2014 4:42 PM EDT2014-07-25 20:42:05 GMT
    TWISP, Wash. (AP) - The Okanogan County Sheriff says the Carlton Complex wildfire has many more homes than previously thought. Sheriff Frank Rogers said Friday that the Carlton Complex fire has consumed about 300 homes this month. His office previously placed the number at 150, but he said then he knew it would rise.>>
    TWISP, Wash. (AP) - The Okanogan County Sheriff says the Carlton Complex wildfire has many more homes than previously thought. Sheriff Frank Rogers said Friday that the Carlton Complex fire has consumed about 300 homes this month. His office previously placed the number at 150, but he said then he knew it would rise.>>
  • 44 Riverside homes destroyed or damaged in storm

    44 Riverside homes destroyed or damaged in storm

    Thursday, July 24 2014 3:46 PM EDT2014-07-24 19:46:53 GMT
    RIVERSIDE, Wash. - Many families were still at the Red Cross Shelter set up at Riverside High School in Riverside this morning.An afternoon storm destroyed or damaged 44 of their homes and knocked down close to 100 trees in Riverside Village Mobile Home Park.Many residents said the storm looked like a tornado as it swept through their neighborhood.>>
    RIVERSIDE, Wash. - Many families were still at the Red Cross Shelter set up at Riverside High School in Riverside this morning.An afternoon storm destroyed or damaged 44 of their homes and knocked down close to 100 trees in Riverside Village Mobile Home Park.Many residents said the storm looked like a tornado as it swept through their neighborhood.>>
  • Boil-water advisories issued in several eastern Washington areas after storms

    Boil-water advisories issued in several eastern Washington areas after storms

    Friday, July 25 2014 5:45 AM EDT2014-07-25 09:45:06 GMT
    SPOKANE COUNTY, Wash. - The Washington State Department of Health believes some local water systems are at risk after severe storms moved through the area on Wednesday and they have issued some boil-water advisories. >>
    SPOKANE COUNTY, Wash. - The Washington State Department of Health believes some local water systems are at risk after severe storms moved through the area on Wednesday and they have issued some boil-water advisories. In Spokane and Pend Oreille counties, several water systems are under boil-water advisories:·>>
  • Top Stories from KHQTop StoriesMore>>

  • PHOTOS JUST IN: Devastation from Carlton Complex; 300 homes burned

    PHOTOS JUST IN: Devastation from Carlton Complex; 300 homes burned

    Friday, July 25 2014 4:42 PM EDT2014-07-25 20:42:05 GMT
    TWISP, Wash. (AP) - The Okanogan County Sheriff says the Carlton Complex wildfire has many more homes than previously thought. Sheriff Frank Rogers said Friday that the Carlton Complex fire has consumed about 300 homes this month. His office previously placed the number at 150, but he said then he knew it would rise.>>
    TWISP, Wash. (AP) - The Okanogan County Sheriff says the Carlton Complex wildfire has many more homes than previously thought. Sheriff Frank Rogers said Friday that the Carlton Complex fire has consumed about 300 homes this month. His office previously placed the number at 150, but he said then he knew it would rise.>>
  • 50 children from Mexican border taken to Oregon; 211 in Washington

    50 children from Mexican border taken to Oregon; 211 in Washington

    Friday, July 25 2014 4:34 PM EDT2014-07-25 20:34:20 GMT
    PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Federal officials say 50 immigrant children are being relocated from the Mexican border to Oregon, and Gov. John Kitzhaber says they are welcome. Kitzhaber says the state will continue to welcome children fleeing hardship and violence while waiting for Congress to change immigration policies.>>
    PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Federal officials say 50 immigrant children are being relocated from the Mexican border to Oregon, and Gov. John Kitzhaber says they are welcome. Kitzhaber says the state will continue to welcome children fleeing hardship and violence while waiting for Congress to change immigration policies.
    >>
  • KHQ Special: 'Behind the Fire Lines' airing Sunday at 6pm

    KHQ Special: 'Behind the Fire Lines' airing Sunday at 6pm

    Friday, July 25 2014 4:25 PM EDT2014-07-25 20:25:03 GMT
    KHQ.COM - For over a week, we've heard hundreds of heartbreaking stories from people who have lost everything, to those who refuse to let the firestorm break their spirits. From communities rallying together, to the heroes on the front lines. Join us for an hour long special, "Beyond the Fire Lines," airing this Sunday at 6pm on KHQ.>>
    KHQ.COM - For over a week, we've heard hundreds of heartbreaking stories from people who have lost everything, to those who refuse to let the firestorm break their spirits. From communities rallying together, to the heroes on the front lines. Join us for an hour long special, "Beyond the Fire Lines," airing this Sunday at 6pm on KHQ.
    >>