ONLY ON KHQ: Sons Of Nordstrom Employee Killed In Tragic Acciden - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com

ONLY ON KHQ: Sons Of Nordstrom Employee Killed In Tragic Accident Speak Out

Paul Inc may have lost his life in a tragic workplace accident, but his life will always be remembered in the memories and love he left behind for his family in his short 52 years. Paul Inc may have lost his life in a tragic workplace accident, but his life will always be remembered in the memories and love he left behind for his family in his short 52 years.

Inc passed away the morning of February 28th after being electrocuted and falling off a ladder at Nordstrom in downtown Spokane, where he’d worked as the lead maintenance technician for nearly 13 years.

His two sons, Mark, 22, and Steven, 20, told KHQ’s Kelsey Watts he was a dedicated husband to his wife of nearly 30 years, a soft-spoken father, and avid sports fan.

“We recently got into target shooting and various sports, we got into disc golf, so we did those kinds of things to hang out with each other," Mark said.

He was the first in the family to graduate with a 4-year college degree and works as a marine biologist in Alaska. He was last home to see his father over Christmas.

“I got the news when I was out in the middle of the Bering Sea," he added. “My dad always joked about, ‘When you become rich and famous you have to buy me a piece of land and get a log cabin on there,’ and that was always my dream. My end game was to get him that piece of land and I can't do that now, and that's one of the saddest things about it."

Paul’s youngest son, Steven, works full time at Hotel Ruby and is going to school at Spokane Community College to pursue a degree in business administration. He was at school on that fateful Friday morning when his life would change forever.

“My mom called and said my dad fell off a ladder and was going to the emergency room," he said.

They prepared for their father and husband to be injured, but nothing could prepare them for the Chaplain.

“My mom just broke down,” he recalled. “I know I'm 20 and it's hard for me, but I was more worried about my mom."

They say their parents, Paul and Carrie, were high school sweethearts, and have lived in the same house in Spokane since 1984.

“One day they were riding horseback and he just proposed, even though he forgot the ring at the house,” Mark recalled of their engagement.

Another of Paul’s loves was the Spokane Chiefs; he was a season-ticket holder and would attend the games with his son.

“It was so sudden. We were planning on going to the hockey game that night [he died], so going from planning this whole evening around having fun and cherishing memories - and then - a nightmare,” Steven added. “It's hard because I still go to the games and he's not there."

And while his seat can never be filled, it’s the lifetime of love he gave them they’ll always remember.

“He knows I loved him, now he knows whatever I do in my future is for him, and I'll do the best I can to make him proud," Steven said.

The public is invited to join in Paul Inc’s memorial service at The Bing Crosby Theater this Saturday, March 15th at 1:00 p.m.

Throwback Thursday! Look At 'Sunshine Shelly' Through The Years!

Thursday, March 20 2014 1:04 PM EDT2014-03-20 17:04:11 GMT
    KHQ.COM - It's throwback Thursday! Here is a slideshow we would like to share of Shelly Monahan through the years! For those of you who have been in Spokane for many years, and saw her through her "Sunshine Shelly" days, you will probably remember the Shelly from back in those days. Enjoy!>>

VIRAL VIDEO: Holy Moly! This girl is definitely NOT afraid of spiders!

Monday, September 1 2014 12:00 PM EDT2014-09-01 16:00:12 GMT
    KHQ.COM - You don't even know what this girl is about to do to prove she is definitely NOT afraid of spiders! Is she crazy or just fearless? Would you do this for $500? $1,000? $20,000? >>>WATCH>>>>>

Barista-stand owner faces prostitution charge

Monday, September 1 2014 10:10 AM EDT2014-09-01 14:10:27 GMT
    EVERETT, Wash. (AP) - Authorities say the owner of bikini coffee stands in Washington state banked more than $2 million in just three years because her baristas were also selling sex acts. Snohomish County prosecutors charged 52-year-old former nude dancer Carmela Panico with promoting prostitution and money laundering, alleging that she was the madam of drive-thru brothels throughout the county north of Seattle.>>
  • Top Stories from KHQTop StoriesMore>>

BREAKING: One person dead after hit & run in Spokane Valley

Tuesday, September 2 2014 5:14 AM EDT2014-09-02 09:14:01 GMT
    One person is dead after a hit and run near I-90 Park Rd. in Spokane Valley. It happened around 1:30 am.>>

Police search for armed robbery suspect

Tuesday, September 2 2014 3:23 AM EDT2014-09-02 07:23:19 GMT
    SPOKANE, Wash. - A man walked into a Zip Trip gas station brandishing a hand gun and stole cash Monday night, according to Spokane Police.The robbery happened at about 10:30 p.m. at the Zip Trip on East Illinois Avenue, just north of where Perry Street intersects with Illinois. Spokane Police say the man walked in and showed employees the handgun. >>

Wildfire Victim Searches For Strength To Rebuild

Tuesday, September 2 2014 12:28 AM EDT2014-09-02 04:28:11 GMT
    ALTA LAKE, Wash. - "John Neuneker Sr. built almost everything on his property with his own two hands, including the home in which he and his wife Laurie raised their four children.“It was a family thing,” Neuneker told KHQ. “Not just my wife. My kids, all of us chipped in. We built the whole thing ourselves.” Their log cabin was one of many things Neuneker lost in the Carlton Complex Fire.>>